- Internet & the Web»
How To Change Blogger Favicon In All Browsers - Get Rid Of The Big Orange "B"!
Not Liking The Blogger Favicon?
Blogger favicon? What? What on earth is a blogger favicon? If you found yourself asking that question -- don't worry! You're not alone. For those who are challenged when it comes to technical words, the word "Favicon" might be something new. It was for me! I was searching on and on for tutorials regarding how to change my blogger favicon without knowing exactly what the icon was called.
What is a favicon? A favicon (short for "favorite icon") is a small icon which comes in 16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 sizes and they are seen in the address bar of browsers. For blogspot, Favicon comes in the form of a big Orange "B". For Hubpages this Favicon is an "H". I'm sure those who are frequent Blogspot users must be aware of the big Orange B. Usually this orange B is something we totally ignore, but what happens when you feel like personalizing your blog to a whole new level. How do you change that icon? How do you add your own favicon?
I decided to type out my own tutorial after I made some dumb mistakes whle uploading my own favicon. There are many tutorials on the Web, but what I am trying to do here is to offer step-by-step instructions so that you get your blogger favicon uploaded in the very first try!
A Recommended Read on Blogging
Step-By-Step Instructions On How To Change The Blogspot Favicon
- Log into your blogger/blogspot account.
- Click on "Design" for the blog you want to edit.
- Click on "Edit HTML"
- Use CTRL + F to search for "</head>"
- Just above that, type the following code -
<link href='icon URL' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/x-icon'/>
where icon URL = a favicon icon URL ending in .ico format hosted at a free icon hosting site.
I recommend iconj.com. You don't need to create an account there (saves a lot of time), create your own favicon and then you will get a favicon URL immediately which you can then use in the code given above. Remember to use icon with .ico format! This is very important! The mistake I did was hosting a picture with jpg format. Even if this worked on Google Chrome and Firefox, it did not work on IE. This is why I totally recommend using a favicon with .ico format!
This single code is enough for you to change the blogspot favicon in all browsers!
Why Would You Want To Change Your Blogger Favicon?
- To personalize your blogger page.
- If you have just purchased a domain name and you are using blogspot platform to host your blog, then you might want to remove that big Orange B which loudly advertises blogspot.
- A customized favicon makes your blog look unique from the rest.
- A unique blogger favicon makes your site look professional!
You Might Also Be Interested In -
- How To Download All Your Photos and Videos On Facebook
How you can download all your uploaded photos and videos in a single click to your hard-drive!
- How to Find Interesting Topics to Write About
Running out of topics? Think you are facing a writer's block? This page is for you!
- My Google AdSense Payout - The First $100 in my First Year!
Learn how I made my first $100 Google payout in my first year of Internet marketing!
- Funny Facebook Groups - Funniest FB Groups
The funniest facebook groups. You will love the collection!
- The Nokia X2-01 Is A Blackberry Imitator, For Less Money
How is the Nokia X2-01 similar to the Blackberry? How is it beneficial for users seeking a Blackberry look-alike?
- Is It Possible To Track Your Facebook Profile Visits?
Learn the different ways with which you can track your Facebook profile visits.