- Internet & the Web
Blogging Tips And Ideas
Best Ideas and Tips On Blogging
Blogging is a wonderful tool to share ideas and your passions. Bloggers write about almost anything and everything. You name it and there is a blog about it. Just writing for writings sais perfectly fine, but most bloggers actually write for profit. That means, ultimately they want to lead you to make a choice about a product or service that they hope you will decide to purchase. And for me that is perfectly ok. I have found some wonderful products and services that way.
So if you are considering blogging about something you are passionate about, or already have a blog, why not monetize your blog ? Done correctly, blogging can be a very profitable part time or full time job.
So what makes a good blog verses a bad one? What makes a blog be profitable or not? Now that's the question.
Blogs In Plain English
An easy explanation about blogs and blogging
Power Blog Facts
These are not our figures. They are the facts!
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.That means that more than likely those who create a blog also read blogs
- Over 57 million Americans read blogs. This is your market as a blogger!
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog. And why not?
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog .
- Over 120 thousand blogs are created every day .
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day .
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs
- 120,000 new blogs are created every day .
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006 .
- 51% of blog readers shop online . This is something that should be inbedded in your mind !
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week
- To be a real force on the net, you need to focus your blog towards what's hot rather than what's not. Delivering high demand information and good contanbt
If you sell products on your blog, you should have an affiliate discloser in at least one prominent location on your blog. If you are an Amazon associate, they provide a discloser that must be used on youir blog.
Things To Consider- Making A Blog
Blogging isn't really difficult and you so not have to be an accomplished writer to be an effective blogger. You do have to be organized to get the job done, so here are a few key points to consider
- CONTENT-It can never be stressed enough that content is still king no matter what your blog is about ! You cannot capture your audience for any length of time without content. That means that you need to capture your audience and keep them coming back for more. You need to focus on your audiences needs, not just blabber on and on, just to express your own thoughts,
- DEDICATION- You need to set a timetable for your blog and stick to it. If you only sometimes blog here and there, you will lose your audience after the first couple of visits.
- TIME Think about the time that you are going to dedicate to your blog! How often that you publish it will depend on the time that you need to get it done. Doing a daily blog, would be very challenging for most of us. Weekly might be something that would be more easily accomplished. Decide how much time that you are able to commit to your blog, then schedule it into your planner
- PURPOSE What is the purpose of your blog? Is it a newsletter or just a journal of your thoughts collected together. Is it a sales page or infomational in nature. No matter what you have decided to write about, let your readers know it's purpose at the top of your blog. Have it written in a formal stateent or in an introduction paragrah. Your readers will appreciate this. It will show a high level of professionalism.
- FORMAT AND DESIGN Your format and design should reflect both your subject matter as well as the nature of what you are wriing about. Business blogs should use a professional format with fonts that are easy to read.Light pastels and neutral colors will tell your readers that you are a business person.
- Watch your grammer and spelling. There is nothing worse than seeing a blog written badly.
How Does A Blog Enhance A Website?
When people stared collecting information, and interesting links, they started to create what was called weblogs. Blogs became the more permanent version of the weblog
In actuality , it is a chronological publication of personal thoughts and web links
Used correctly, a blog will offer a lot of promotion for your website or your affiliate program if used correctly. But like any other promotion effort, you must be committed to getting the job done. That means that you must finish what you start. You will become either an expert and drive more traffic to your destination, or you will be inconsistent and drive them away.
A blog is like a conversation. Don't be chatty, but be personal let your subscribers see the inner you and you will have a wealth of new cnnections and hopefully gain some revenue.
Give lots of information, resources and ideas....but refresh and update trhat information frequently and you will build a solid audience
Power Blogger Tip Make sure to host your blog on your own domain, rather than a free serviceYou will get more traffic and make more profits
Power Blogging Tips & Ideas - Power Blog Your self To The Top
Here are the tips and ideas that you need to make your Blog Traffic hit the roof!
- Write reviews of other blogs that are relevant to your subject or niche. Tell about other blogs that are great and then notify them that they were featured. You will get more traffic o your site!
- Do you Yell Or Sell?- Are you giving lots of information that will draw your readers, or are you yelling the sell. I promise that the latter will actually help you lose sales.
- Always respond to your readers. If they email you-make sure to email them back...respond to their comments. Taking the time to make relationships builds trust, which builds sales
- Make it easy to subscribe to your blog. Your blog subscribers will return and recommend your blog, if you make it easy to sign up
- Add videos to your blog. It adds a personal touch to add videos to your blog. It makes it more interesting.It attracts more attention and gets you more feedback.
- Forum marketing is a tool that is used by some of the best bloggers. Find forums in your niche and post interesting information. Answer questions and become active. Many blogs will allow you to use a signature where you can include your blog link. Others will actually have a place in the comments to add your website or blog address. You may get lots of useful traffic from spending some time in other forums.
- Comment on other blogs. Find other blogs in your niche and add useful comments. get in front of other bloggers and their audiences.
- Social media marketing. Join relevant groups in your niche and join in the conversation.
Don't overbold in any of your blog postings. Don't use that bold unless trying to make an important point !
What A Blogger Should Not Do - Guide To More Effective Blogging
- Write your enties or posts just to please readers.Content is still important and you will gian nothing and in the end , please no one
- Post entries just for the sake of posting, to get paid, or make a sale.It's still qulaity over quantity. Besides people and serach engines will see through this trick
- Ignore checking facts and information to push into deadlines. You will lose credibility and that is something you will work hard to reagin
- Create a conflict.You will lose readers.Negativity will never draw people to you
- Don't Over advertise. There is nothing wrong with posting tasteful ads on your blog, but over advertising will cause you to lose subscribers and will lower your rank.
Link from your blog's home page to your website once your blog's PR (page rank) maturesYou can maximize the impact of the high impact of your blog to the home page
SEO For Blogs
Some might argue that SEO is no longer viable, but common practices for SEO are still important in your overall placement in the search engine placements. Remember, the higher the placement, the more traffic. The more traffic, the more likely chance for sales.
Your keyword usage is the key to getting that high placement for your blog posting. You keyword should appear in the title, any subtitles, in the first sentence of your posting or content. It should also be attached to any photograph in a name or alt text.
Linking to other blog posting within the content will also help you rank on a higher level.
Keyword Placement Tips
Keywords placement is an important part of every blog post that you publish. Getting the right keywords and placing them in the right location will make or break your blog. Before writing another post, you might want to consider going back to your posts and redoing the keywords just to see if your posts will get more traffic. So where should you place your keywords, anyway. Here are a few ideas:
- In The Blog Title-at least one word should be in the blog title. For example, one of my websites is about scrapbooking. So, it's called Anyone Can Scrapbook.
- In The Page Title-You need to use the one thing that your page is about in the page title. For example, if I was going to write about the basics of art journaling, I might use the title, Art Journaling Basics. Keep your titles short and to the point. People want to find things fast. Remember, these titles appear in your page listings.
- In The URL-Find the right title for your blog and make sure to include words that tell exactly what your blog is about.
- In The Tags-Make sure to be specific about the tags that you use for your blog posting. It will make a difference in your placement in the search engines.
- In The Featured Images-Always use the keywords of your page somewhere in the alt tags or titles on your pictures.
- In The First Sentence Of The First Paragraph-Be specific about what your article or blog is about. Use the keywords in the very first sentence of your blog.
- Within The Text itself, But Naturally- Don't make your article overstuffed with your keywords. The search engines will place you a lot farther down, unless you use them in a very natural way.
Make sure to link blog posts to other relevant posts on your site.