Best Bluetooth Keyboards for Blackberry Playbook Tablet
Best Bluetooth Keyboards for Blackberry Playbook
This page is the result of my research on the best bluetooth keyboard for the Blackberry Playbook. Since not all bluetooth keyboards work well with the Playbook, it's a challenge to find one that has positive reviews and is the desired size.
On this page, you will find both full-size and small/mini bluetooth keyboards that are compatible with the Blackberry Playbook tablet.
I've found that a physical keyboard makes typing a lot easier than an on-screen keyboard. Here are the keyboards that have the best reviews. Afterall, what good is a keyboard that only works sometimes?!
HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard - Best Deal? - Low Price for a Full Size Bluetooth Keyboard
This is the keyboard I bought. It is easy to pair with the Blackberry Playbook.
- Keys have plenty of space between them for easy typing
- Runs on AA Batteries which power down when not in use
- Batteries may last up to 7 months
- Larger than the Playbook: 5.2 x 11.2 x 0.8 inches ; 11.4 ounces
- Angled surface
- Compatible with Playbook - See this crackberry post or my instructions below.
- No number pad
Instructions on How to Use this with the Playbook:
First, turn the keyboard on (there's a button on the back of the keyboard). This activiates the keyboard's ability to pair for about 30 seconds. Then go to the bluetooth settings on the Playbook, turn on bluetooth connectivity, and click "Add New Device." Select the keyboard, and you will be given a numeric code to enter into the keyboard. Enter this code and press the Return button. Now it should be paired.
Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard 6000 - Slim, Full Size Keyboard
- Ergonomic - curved for comfort
- Sleek, ultra-thin
- Powered with 2 AAA batteries.
- Battery status indicator
- Full size. Dimensions are: 7 x 14.4 x 1.5 inches
- 2 Reviews indicate that it works with Playbook, and it is recommended on crackberry as a bluetooth keyboard for the playbook.
- This one doesn't have a number pad, but you can buy the same model with a number pad.
- Can't hold down the backspace button - have to keep pressing it to continue erasing.
- No flip up legs to put the keyboard at an angle
Mini Keyboard & Touchpad with Laser Pointer - Great for Remote Operation
- All in one operation for controlling your Blackberry Playbook. Alternative to a separate mouse and keyboard.
- Ideal for controlling your Playbook when it is connected to the TV for watching TV or giving presentations
- Backlit keys
- Works at a distance up to 5-8 meters
- Small (Personally, I would LOVE to find a full size version like this.) I can't find exact dimensions but the keyboard is about the size of a cell phone.
Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard for Xoom - Great Reviews! High Quality Full Size Keyboard
- Works with Playbook, as confirmed by several Crackberry posts.
- Cheap cost, but high quality - Very positive reviews.
- Full Size: 6 x 1.5 x 12.9 inches
- Runs on 2 AA batteries
- Keys are not back-lit
- No number pad
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard - Possibly Compatible
According to some posts on Crackberry (as well as the below video), this likely works with Blackberry Playbook, but because I have not seen a model number referenced, I can't guarantee it.
More Bluetooth Keyboards for Playbook - Current Ebay Listings
Ebay is always worth a look, but these I have not read up on, so I can't comment on quality or features.
More Information about Compatible Bluetooth Keyboards
- HP Touchpad Wireless Keyboard works with PlayBook (and it's cheap!) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerr
Just heads up that the official HP Wireless keyboard for the now defunct Touchpad works with the PlayBook. For those looking for a bargain you should be able to find it cheap on
- List of Mice and Keyboards that work with the PB - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Hey fellow CB, BB, and PB Fans, I am considering getting a GIGABYTE GM-M7700B Bluetooth Mouse to use with my PlayBook. I don't suppose anyone knows if it will work, do they? Also,
- Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Just purchase the apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse so i can control the playbook while hookedup HDMI. Call me dumb but i have no idea how to use this mouse with the playbook.
- What type of Bluetooth Keyboard are you using? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
I am interested market for a reasonably priced bluetooth keyboard. I am looking for a rechargeable one. I would like a few ideas. I prefer the non case ones. Thanks
- Help!!Does anyone know if any Bluetooth keyboard connect and work with the playbook ? - BlackBerry F
I am Thinking of buying a keyboard from Ebay , its advertised as working with tablet PC but i know blackberry product are strange and sometime don't work with some products This
- Playbook Bluetooth Keyboard. - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Hi fellow Blackberry addicts, ive recently bought a Playbook and a 9900 and lovin the both of them and they are tethered together which got me wondering. I have seen a YouTube film
Video Showing use of Apple Mouse & Keyboard with Blackberry Playbook
I'd love to hear your suggestions on which keyboards to buy and which to avoid. If you've experienced any compatibility issues or other problems, please take a moment to comment. My goal is to always present accurate information.