Facebook - How to MASS Invite your Friends to an Event or Page
How to add ALL your friends at once using the Event or Invite Dialogue boxes on Facebook
Do you have a large list of friends on Facebook? Maybe you don't have a lot of friends, but you have a lot of Lists that you have categorized all your Facebook Contacts into. Here is a one-click method to add ALL your friends through the Invitation Dialogue box.
The power of a Single Click
How to utilize the power of Facebook's Invite feature, without giving yourself carpal tunnel syndrome in the process
Facebook has made connecting with long lost friends as simple as a few clicks. They provide a feature rich environment to interact with those friends, as long as you play within the confines of the "sandbox" they give you.
However, as often happens with Facebook, as soon as you begin to venture outside the realms of what they believe is "acceptable behavior" it soon becomes difficult or impossible to accomplish what you want.
From the people who made "social networking" a household word, sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to make their site overly "unsocial", and definitely not "networkable"
This is evident when you have a large list of Friends and Contacts in Facebook and you would like to communicate with them all at once. About the only way this is possible is through the "Event" feature or "share" a page functions. Since messaging limits you to 20 messages at one time, it becomes unrealistic to contact more then about 100 friends in 20 bit increments.
Using the "Invite" feature on Events is a great addition, but the limitation there is you must click on each friend you want to invite, one at a time. Even when you have your Friends separated into convenient Lists, you must still select one Friend at at time, and this becomes arthritis-inducing on more then 100 friends.
Thank goodness there is an internet full of gurus who know how to accomplish the most obscure tasks and make them simple for us simple folk.
For starters - DON'T PANIC - it is just a series of text, and you don't have to understand it - there will NOT be a quiz
The steps are pretty simple:
- Go to the Facebook Event page itself, and find the "Select Guests to Invite" button - usually right below the image of the Event on the right
- Click the "Search by Name" dialogue button on the top right of the Friends pop-up box to select the list of friends you want to work with
- Open the "list" of contacts you want to invite by selecting the name of the list
- SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST - this is important or you will only select the first 200 friends
- Copy the code above (see here if you don't know how to Copy & Paste)
- Paste the Java Script code into your URL bar (browser address bar), without leaving the Invite Friends dialogue page and press ENTER.
- Wait a few moments as It may take a bit of time to sort through the list. Once the operation completes, you will see check marks beside all your friends in that list
- Repasting the Java Script code into the URL and pressing ENTER again will "unselect" all those contacts that you just selected
- Repeat steps 6 - 7 for each list that you want to select all the frineds from. Doing this with no lists selected will select your entire Friends contact database, and could take a few minutes to go through
That's all there is to it
That pretty well sums up how to do this. Nice and simple, pretty straight forward.
As Facebook is prone to do, they may change their code at any moment and possibly render this script completely unusable. However, as of today (3/25/11) this code is working fine, and seems to solve a major problem that Facebook overlooked..
As a final word of warning - use this at your own risk, your mileage may very, and no animal product testing was performed in the creation of this Lens.
Any questions, be sure to find me on Facebook or Twitter. Unfortunately, since I didn't write the code, I can't help you with much more then what is posted here. But I can talk you through some issues you may be having.
Not one to plagerize (even if it is the internet) original credit goes to this awesome video, Thanks for posting, and sharing the love!