Foil vs Rotary Shavers
Foil Vs Rotary Shavers, Why Knowing The Difference Matters
Purchasing an electric shaver is not just about picking the best device, it is also about choosing the right device for your own unique shaving needs. You see, what most people fail to realise is that the two technologies that exist today for electric shavers (foil and rotary) cater better for completely opposite shaving needs.
Below you will find a brief explanation of the mechanism behind both technologies, and an extensive explanation of their pros and cons.
Foil Electric Shavers
This Technology Is Associated With Braun and Panasonic
The Foil Shaver uses a rectangular thin layer of foil that covers the individual blades, and protects your skin.
It works by vibrating in a continuing back and fourth motion that closer resembles that of an actual razor.
Your hairs are raised by the foil, then trapped in the slots of the razor and cut off by the knives inside.
- Closer shave.
- More precise.
- Better skin protection.
- Easier to clean.
- Perfect for defining lines such as sideburns and beard styles.
- Faster and easier to adapt to.
- Inflexible, which makes it more difficult to maneuver around the contours of ones face.
- More delicate.
- More expensive, which of course has a lot to do with the closer shaving and better handling of sensitive skin.
Want To Achieve The Closest Shave.
Suffer From Sensitive Skin.
Have Short, Straight Hairs.
Top Foil Shavers
Rotary Electric Shavers
This Technology Is Associated With Philips and Remmington
The Rotary Shaver uses three, sometimes four round cutting heads that are in constant rotation (hence its name). Each cutting head is suspended with springs that assist in achieving maximum flexibility.
Shaving with the rotary is performed using circular motions, the hairs get trapped in the tiny opening in each individual cutting head, and are then cut off using the knives present in the outer edges of each head.
- The unique design and 360 degree rotation of the rotary enables one to easily maneuver around those tough spots like the chin, jaw, and neck.
- Better in handling longer hair growth.
- More affordable
- Does not achieve as close of a shave as the foil.
- Less precise, which makes it harder to focus on specific hairs or patches.
- Takes longer to get used to shaving using circular motions.
- Harder to clean.
Aren't Necessarily Looking For The Closest Shave.
Shave Every Couple Of Days.
Have Thick, Long, or Coarse Hair.
Have Facial Hair That Grows In Different Directions.
Are On A Budget.
Top Rotary Shavers
Learn More About Foil and Rotary Razors
- Best Rated Electric Shavers
Authentic reviews and ratings of the best electric razors available online, as well as other helpful shaving tips and recommendations.
- 3 Tips on Shaving With an Electric Razor
A simple yet practical guide on how to avoid common mistakes when using an electric shaver, and how to achieve a great shave using it.
- Massive Tips on Shaving With an Electric Razor
Now this is a more extensive approach that will definitely teach you how to use your shaver like a pro.
- The Best Electric Razor - Gizmodo
Who else but Gizmodo to help you pick the best devices online, while I don't agree with all their choices, their reputation is undeniable and there's great information included
electric shaver reviews
- Top Rated Electric Razors | Best Electric Razor Reviews Online
This website focuses entirely on reviewing and rating the top rated electric razors available today. You will also find unique categories that cater to your specific shaving needs.