jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best version of Civilization the computer game?

1. timmartin profile image
    timmartinposted 7 years ago

What is the best version of Civilization the computer game?

2. Ari Lamstein profile image78
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

My favorite is #3.  I still play it to this day.  But that's only because it is the latest version that will run on my mac.  I have been tempted to purchase a new laptop just to that I can play #5.  However, there are so many choices when buying a computer (especially a windows machine), that I just haven't done it yet.

3. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 7 years ago

I love them all, and am actually eager to buy the latest one. But for the high point in the series, I'd have to pick Civ. II Test of Time.

The regular game had all the basics that Civ player love, plus the throne room bonuses. But what I really loved was the alternate game modes Sci Fi and Midgard. It was like three games in one. There was a lot of depth in those extra modes, specially the Midgard scenarios, with the multiple Z-levels and the scripted events.

4. profile image0
    frantiicposted 7 years ago

Civ 5 is amazing, but I got bored of it faster than all of the previous versions.

I still go back to it every now and then and play a quick game, but it didn't keep me busy for long.

The graphics is amazing, and the interface improvements make it very difficult to go back to the older ones.

5. Ren Chin profile image80
    Ren Chinposted 6 years ago

civ on the iphone. it's limited, yet portable

working