Advantage of 3G Vs 2G Technology
3G Technology may have Negative Impact on us
Now days, to make more comfortable, easy, flexible and compact to the electronics systems or computers the continue research is going on. As a result frequently the new technology is being introduced and previous technology becomes outdated. To survive in the world we are forced to adapt these new technology, otherwise we will be far behind than our competitors. As the world is running fast, we have to run with it's speed to save our self. If we are not adapting the new introduced technology, then we can not survive in the fast running world.
Recently, we have seen a new technology in the area of telecom. The new technology have it's name as 3G. It is a new revolution in the area of telecom. Although you can not say it new because of in the USA or in the European countries it is already being used but it's new for some developing countries like in India. To use this new technology, the agencies related to the spectrum distribution are charging very huge amount as an entry fees from the telecom companies. The only those companies who bid more, have more chance to get the license from these spectrum distributor authorities. Without license the companies are not getting spectrum so, they can not use this new technology for their customers. Since the small telecom companies can not pay this huge money and thus are unable to bid or not getting license. So, they have forced to use their old technology.
There are lot of advantage for 3G compared to old one 2G which are high speed, data over voice and many more features. Although each and every technology have it's merits and demerits. So, is the 3G technology have only advantage or which is the more advantages or disadvantages? This is the matter of the discussion. Let we see both the advantage as well as disadvantage of the 3G technology over the previously being used 2G technology.
1. The customers will get a high speed network for their communication which is far better than the 2G technology, particularly in data communication.
2. The customer will get wireless broadband.
3. Customer can see video or satellite based programs like TV programs using this technology.
4. Customers can use all the facilities at same time.
5. It may also be cheap than the other traditional media we are using, as a result of price war.
6. The many in one services will be available at the same network. Due to use of the DTH & the 3G technology, everyone will use this multi-purpose services to avoid time loss and keeping records for different service providers.
1. Since in telecom sector, there is much competition, so the companies have a very marginal price for their facilities.
2. The companies, who will not get license from the spectrum distribution authorities will suffer to use only 2G, which will badly affect their business. In this situation these companies will either disappear from this sector or will run with losses. Because of the customers will start to use the services of the companies having 3G technology.
3. Due to use of the DTH & the 3G technology, everyone will use this multi-purpose services to avoid time loss and keeping records for different service providers.So, the traditional cable business will badly affected by implementing this new technology.
4. The radiation of magnetic waves generated with the heavily use of the wireless system will affect our life also. More uses of the services will have more effect on us. The radiation of the magnetic waves are danger for our life. A long use can affect our brains.
5. The mobile are not suitable devices to see TV or web browsing. So, initially this service may be used in mass but in future, mobile can not be used to see the TV or for Internet surfing. Which will affect the business of 3G.
Thus we see here that the disadvantages are more than the advantages of the 3G technology from the service providers as well as from customer point of view. Also, it will will cause to damage the existence of some businesses like cable operator business or 2G service. So, some of these may be kept in mind while we implement the 3G technology.