Learn How to Block Spam in Gmail
Do you want to block those unwanted spam emails in your Gmail account? Are you being bombard with daily offers of 80% discounts or making $50,000 / hour? What about that Nigerian princes with millions of dollars sitting on her account?
So you need to block that spam and Gmail has such tools and filters to help you to keep your inbox clutter free. They do not like spams which is clear from their program policies. It is true that Gmail has advanced spam blockers in the system, but what can they do if you register in an unknown site for some reasons and they start to fill your inbox with discounts or unwanted newsletters? Block the spammers by following these simple steps:
Free mails are
Create Filters to Block a User
1) Open your Gmail account. Go to the search bar at the top.
2) Click the arrow to open a tab.
3) Now enter some search criteria first at the boxes: “From, To, Subject, Has the words, doesn’t have”. Look how powerful Gmail is. Even the emails containing specific words can be blocked. You can also block any mails with attachments.
4) Now find and click on the “Create filter with this search” option.
5) Now you have to select what you want to do with junk mails. You can select the option of delete, applying a label or sending straight to the archive etc for reading later.
6) Now, create the filter and you shall be freed from those unwanted junks.
How to Protect Your Gmail Account from the Spammers
Most of the websites have options to enter your email id. If you want a free download or a free eBook from a website you need have to use your email id. Forums and social sites need your email id too. These are the sources of unwanted emails. So, how to prevent it?
The best way of being safe from junk mails is to create a separate email id for registering. Do not use your main id in such places.
But if you want to use your mail email id then you need to use modified address. It would be easy to stop any email targeted to these modified email addresses.
How to Create a Modified Email Id
1) You can do it by using plus (+) and then any word after your email id. For example if your email id is “firstname.lastname@example.org”, you can change it to “email@example.com “. Now, use this email id to register.
2) You can also use a word before the original id name with a dot (.). As for example, the aforesaid id can be transformed to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Do not worry; it would work fine for registering purposes.
You can also use “Googlemail.com” instead of “Gmail.com” at the end, after the “@”.
- 20 Most Popular Fonts Loved by the Designers
a lovely font makes a otherwise dull text look great.There are thousands of fonts available. which one of these are best? How does these fonts look like?
- How to Change Color in Photoshop : A Step to Step Guide
You may wonder about how to change color in Photoshop of a part of an image. It can be done in Photoshop with realistic effects. There are three tools by which you can do this.
Now, you may be wondering how these could be useful in protecting your Gmail account from spam. It is simple, folks. An address like email@example.com “ will actually redirect your email to the “ iamthegoof “ original account. But in your inbox you can select them easily by searching “buffoon”. Now, if you build a filter using this keyword “buffoon”, then all the emails targeted to “buffun.iamthegoof” can be blocked. So, you can use it freely anywhere, everywhere.
Block Unwanted Emails in Gmail: Video
Cast Your Vote Here
What free email service you use most?
I hope that this tutorial will be help fool to you. If example email id “iamthegoof” offend somebody then I am sorry for that folks. If you think that this email id is indicating you then you can use it freely without any permission taken. If you like this hub then wash away some of your sins accumulated in life by helping your fellow citizens by sharing this post via twitter or facebook.
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Format or Hard Reset Guide
Learn how to format or hard reset your Samsung Galaxy Ace Android mobile phone.
- PicsArt Photo Studio Review | The Best Android Image Editor
A detailed review of the PicsArt Photo Studio, the best Android image editor app. Read the review before using the app.