- Internet & the Web
How To Lower Your Blog's Bounce Rate
Bounce rate is a factor in SEO that many bloggers do not know about. The lower your blog's bounce rate, the easier it will be for people to find your blog on search engines. Having a low bounce rate also means that most of the people who visit your blog are looking at multiple posts on your blog and staying on your blog for a longer period of time.
Bounce rate will allow you to build stronger relationships with your visitors, get more subscribers, and further establish yourself as an expert of your niche (the more articles someone reads on your blog, the better). This may lead to someone contacting you for a guest blogging offer, free product, or something else as well. With a reduced bounce rate, you will also be able to see a dramatic increase in traffic. When I implemented these tactics, my traffic rose dramatically. By implementing these tactics, you will be able to experience similar results.
1. Add links to your old blog posts in your new blog posts. Make sure both the old and new blog posts are on a similar topic. An article about getting retweets and an article about getting more followers on Twitter are similar. An article about sports and an article about recipes does not make as much sense.
2. Have a Top Posts & Pages widget. When people think of the most popular content on a blog, they think that content is the cream of the crop. As a result, those people are visiting your most popular content which also results in a reduced bounce rate you.
3. Have a link to your similar blog posts. If people like the first blog post they read, they will want to read similar blog posts. This results in a lower bounce rate.
4. Have a contact me button on your blog. When people decide to contact you, have them be directed to a page on your blog so this lowers your blog's bounce rate.
5. Write quality content that makes the visitor not want to leave. Quality content is king, and in order to get your visitors to contact you and read your other blog posts, you need to be writing quality content.
Blogging is a powerful way to get noticed on the web. In order to improve your blog's SEO, reducing your blog's bounce rate is a great way to go. When I was getting 10 visitors a day, my bounce rate was over 80%. When I lowered my blog's bounce rate, I noticed a big increase in traffic. By implementing these tactics and lowering your blog's bounce rate, you will be able to see a dramatic increase in your blog's traffic.
How did you like this lens? Do you want to contact me? Comment below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.