How to Root LG Optimus One P500
LG Optimus One P500 is a good and popular budget Smartphone. This guide is intended to help you to root P500 as painlessly as possible. This guide is perfect for you if you are afraid of rooting and such businesses. I think after reading this guide you shall also be inspired to do so.
Do you know Sam, the fierce looking, Pizza eating shy barbarian gentleman? Well, he is my friend. He has a LG Optimus One and he wanted to root it but was very afraid to do so. He came to me for consultation. I advised him to do this in the following way. Even a guy like him was successful in rooting his LG Optimus One P500 without bricking it.
Why One Should Root this Phone?
Come on man, this thing is too old now. Your Optimus One is not a cool gadget anymore. It is time to play with it. After rooting it you can test various modified Android versions. Believe me, there are some mods which are just awesome. I’ll tell you later about those.
By rooting your LG Optimus One, you shall be able to install many powerful apps which can only be installed on a rooted device. There are apps which can make your phone faster. You can make your phone run smoother and can download and play larger games which without root is entirely impossible.
I think you are above 18 years and so are capable of taking your own decisions. If you are not then, please take help of a senior person to do the update. To update your handset by using this instructions you need to agree with the fact that if, by anyway, your phone got damaged or bricked or any such accidents happen, the author and this website cannot be held responsible.
- A PC or Laptop.
- A data cable.
- LG Optimus One P500 drivers
- Unlock Root application
- The mobile handset itself
- Internet connection
- If you are a complete novice and is not at all proficient about gadgets and Smartphone, then it would be better for you to seek help from a more capable person.
- Make sure that your handset has more than 60% charge remains. If the mobile phone does not have sufficient charge then it could be dangerous. If the phone switches off during the operation it would be bricked.
- Take backup of your important data. Contacts, SMS and multimedia should be copied from the internal memory.
- Don’t forget to enable USB Debugging from Settings.
How to Root ?
- You need the drivers for P500. If you do not have installed the drivers then go to the official website to get those.
- You need to download this super cool tool to unlock your LG P500 from here.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Connect the mobile handset with your computer using the data cable.
- Now, open the tool (named "antdking's p500 rooting tool.bat") and it should show your LG P500 in the list. If it does not show then unplug and reconnect the phone from the PC. If the problem persists then restart the handset. If the problem remains then restart your PC. I think it will help you at last.
- Now select the phone from the list.
- After that, click on the big Root button.
- It will take less than a minute for the rooting to be completed.
Next, the application will ask you for installing some more apps. You can choose “No” without any problem.
After that, you will be asked to reboot your phone. Select “OK” and your mobile will be automatically rebooted.
That’s it. Enjoy! Was not it easy, guys?
If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me below. I shall try to help you as soon as possible.