How to Update HTC Wildfire S to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
HTC made Wildfire S is a popular, low-budget Smartphone of 2011. The time period of 2 years is huge for the Smartphone world. It is changing so fast that Wildfire S is now an old, outdated phone. It is very low in the processing power department. The phone has only a 600 MHz ARM 11 processor. But still you can run modified Android Jelly Bean on it. You can give your phone a new life by upgrading it to the Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2). In this way, your phone will be able to access the modern apps and functions of Android.
The handset will be flashed with a custom ROM named AOKP. There is no official Jelly Bean for HTC Wildfire S. It is because Google frowns upon installing its latest brand of Android on a device with such low firepower. This custom ROM , AOKP is specially designed for running with low-speed processors and less RAM. That is why it is most suitable for your handset.
You shall have to agree with this disclaimer to proceed.
“I fully understand the risk involved in updating my HTC Wildfire S by using this method. I shall try this process on my HTC Wildfire S phone or any other device by my own responsibility. I know that this website is not, in any way, responsible for any damage to my handset during the updating of my phone.”
If you have no problem with that then you may proceed. I wish you good luck, mate.
Select Your Choice
You are going to playing and tweaking with your phone’s system which is not 100% safe. You need to understand that there is some risk involved. Risk of getting your phone “bricked”.
So, if you are a complete novice in such things like rooting or flashing, it is always advisable to seek help from an experienced fellow, one who can guide you in case of unexpected situations.
The data should be backed up before hand. All the data, videos and images stored inside the internal storage of your phone will be deleted during the process. So, save those valuable data somewhere. You can use cloud services to save the contacts and messages. You can also transfer files to PC.
Do not let the phone switch off due to battery drainage. You should have charged it to a level of, at least, 70% before starting this process. Remember, if it dies for lack of power during the updating, the phone would be bricked.
Moreover, most of the handsets do not like rooting or modifying the company provided ROM. so, rooting your pone may make your warranty invalid.
- A HTC Wildfire S mobile phone which must be rooted. If you do not know how to root this phone then see the video below and do what is directed.
- A USB data cable
- A PC or Notebook computer
- Active internet connection
- How to Root HTC Wildfire S
This is step by step guide to toot HTC Wildfire S android mobile handset. Come here and learn about it
How to Root HTC Wildfire S | Video
How to Do it?
- Open your PC or Notebook computer and connect it with internet.
- Download the firmware file from here.
- Now, it is the time to connect your handset with the PC via USB data cable or Bluetooth to transfer the downloaded file to the phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the device.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode.
- You need to delete all the system data present in the phones internal memory. For that reason you need to select “wipe cache partition” and “wipe data factory reset”. The phone will become a clean slate once again.
- Now select “install zip from sd card”.
- Click on “choose zip from sd card” and find out the custom ROM file from the SD card.
- Select it and the update will begin.
- You need wait for some time for the process to be completed.
- After the completion of the process you need to select “go back” and then “reboot now”.
- Your HTC Wildfire S will be restarted and you can see the slick Jelly Bean screen on your phone.
What is AOKP?
AOKP is a custom ROM built for Android. The AOKP is the acronym of “Android Open Kang Project”. It is developed by senior xda developers forum member vijendrahs from Bangalore, India. It is originally built for HTC Desir and HTC Nexus 7. This firmware is based upon Android Jelly Bean. You can check the the forum thread from here.
Possibility of Success and Failure
This upgrading process is intended for HTC Wildfire S only. Do not try to do it on any other phone, including the original HTC Wildfire.
This method is tried and tested successfully in a lot of devices. But still, it is impossible to say that everybody will be successful. It may depend on many other factors. But, it is believed that if you do it rightly then your chances of failure are pretty low. do not forget to share your expereience with us. Some of you may face trouble during the operation. Do not forget to post your query here, guys.