- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics»
- MP3 Players
iPhone Armbands For Gym Jogging and Running - iPhone Arm Band Holder
Running on a treadmill or jogging in the park can get pretty dull without some form of entertainment to block out the boredom. Listening to music or an audiobook is a great way to stay motivated but you need a safe and secure holder to stop your MP3 music player from bouncing out and shattering on the floor when you are jogging along. That's where iPod and iPhone armbands come in handy.
What Is An iPhone Armband?
Also known as a sports armband, these smartphone armbands strap around your upper arm where they are held securely in place typically by either a velcro band or a buckle on strap.
The smartphone itself slides into a small tight pocket which generally has a clear plastic cover so you can still see and access the touch screen. Typically, this cover closes up to secure the device in place where it remains snug, secure from falls and protected from sweat or unexpected rain by the cover.
Due to the different sizes and thickneses of each different generation of Apple iPhone, some are more suited to one generation than the other, whilst others are more general purpose and fit all models as well as other smartphone devices.
Recommended iPhone Armband Holders For The Gym
It can be hard to find the right product for your needs when there are so many options to choose from. In order to make it a little easier, I have listed two of the most popular selling iPhone sports bands below.
This is a versatile sports armband and smartphone holder ideal for your keeping your mobile or MP3 player handy whilst working out without worrying about it getting jostled out of a cup holder or knocked onto the floor. It is perfect for listening to music on your smartphone while you work out. It fits multiple handset models and mp3 devices including to date the Droid X, HD, HTC, HD2, HTC EVO 4G, Samsung Galaxy S, and the Apple products including the iPhone 4. This is very comfortable adjustable sports armband made from neoprene which is the same material wetsuits are made from and adjustable to fit arm sizes from 8 inches to 20 inches in diameter. Many of these products are made for single device use but this one is designed to fit multipe devices so should you change your handset, there's a good chance you'll not need to buy a new sports fitness armband to go with it.
iPhone 4 holder is also available. This iPhone armband holder is ideal for running on a treadmill and using your smartphone as an MP3 player, or just keeping it safe and ready to answer calls. The TuneBand iPhone strap on cover is a silicone skin holder which allows you to continue to access and use all the phone's features without having to remove it from the protective case. It provides a snug, tight fit to ensure your phone is protected and will not jiggle around, and protects it from sweat too while you exercise. A lot of people go through many different products before they find the one they like and stick with it. Judging by the reviews of this product, this is the place where they stop looking because it does exactly what is required. For iPhone users this is a great choice and there are multiple colors available too so you are not just stuck with generic uninspiring black.
How To Choose An iPhone Armband
When shopping for an iPhone armband there are several things which distinguish one from another - and there are a lot of choices out there to sort through. It is easy therefore, to find exactly what you need and at the same time, just as easy to get lost amongst the large number of options. Here are some of the main things to consider and running down the side of the page, some additional recommendations to suit all price ranges.
- The Cost - Often one of the most important considerations for many, the cost of an iPhone armband can vary quite considerably depending upon the quality of the material, size and features. Cheap ones can cost as little as $5 but you will almost certainly be making some pretty large compromises on material, comfort and durability. More expensive examples are found in excess of $60 but there are plenty of good alternatives inbetween.
- The Size / Adjustability - Not all of these products are made to fit the same size arms. If you are particularly well muscled, very skinny or overweight, then you will have to look more carefully at the size limits of the various options available as many are not designed for a large arm circumference. If you are body building and expect your arm size to increase as a result, find a model with a long strap with a little play in the dimensions and room for your arm diameter to grow. Some even come with extender straps for just this purpose, again, shop around if this sounds like something you are going to need.
- Material Types - Firstly, make sure whatever you buy is washable. These things are going to get sweaty and ultimate gross and stinky with it. If you don't buy a washable armband for an iPhone then you will regret it later. Secondly, there are various types of material out there which will either suit you or not. You will find neoprene, silicone, and mesh to be some of the more popular materials. Which you desire, however, is going to be a matter of personal preference.
- Safety and Accessibility - You want to use the right iPhone armband cover for your model of smartphone to ensure it remains safe and secure within the holster. The last thing you want is it bouncing around while you run or worst still, jumping out and smashing on the floor because of a poorly secured cover. At the same time, you want the various ports and screen to remain accessible rather than having to remove it from the cover all the time to use it. Most of the good ones feature a clear protective screen which still allows you to see the screen clearly and use the touch screen controls without removing it from the case. Many also have holes positioned to allow you to plug in your headphones and even to recharge it when you are down with your workout but don't want to remove it from the case.
Best Ipod Touch Armband Pocket For Jogging and Running
This iPod armband will fit iPod Touch devices from the 1st generation through to the 4th generation. It is lightweight and comfortable and is designed to fit wearers with arm widths from 7" to 17" in circumference. Users with larger arm sizes can purchase an extender, ideal for users who are bulking up in the gym. The iPod touch armband features a protective window cover and a small opening to allow access to the headphone jack.