- Android Phones
ICS on HTC Desire S Android 4.0.4 Update | A Step by Step Guide
Update HTC Desire S to ICS aka Android 4.0.4
ICS or Ice Cream Sandwich has brought a lot of changes to the Android OS. The mechanical look of Android has been changed for more polish and glitter. The usability is also been increased very much. So, if you want to get ICS on your HTC Desire S, this guide is for you.
Mind you, it is not official. This update can be done using a custom ROM. This is a stable firmware released for the HTC Desire S users like you. Update HTC Desire S to ICS by following this step by step guide.
Do not forget to share this hub with your friends.
Things you need for HTC Desire S firmware update to Android 4.0.4
1) A HTC Desire mobile phone which should be rooted. You also need to have any custom recovery apps installed like CWM
2) The battery should be fully charged. It is because the device should not be stopped during the updating process.
3) You should backup all the data from the phone.
4) Enable USB debugging.
1) This is a custom ROM and so, you may find a bug or two.
2) If you are a novice and do not have any previous experience about this type of things then get the help of an expert or an experienced fellow.
3) Android devices are complex things and HTC Desire S is not an exception. That is why this process may not be successful to each and every model of HTC Desire S.
4) Sometimes, it is seen that one or two functions of the phone are not working properly after the update.
4) The author or the site will not take any responsibility to any damage or data loss, so do it on your own risk.
Upgrading HTC Desire S to Android 4.0.4
Step by Step Instructions : HTC Desire S Android 4.0
1) Download the ICS Firmware on your PC. You shall get a zip file named “Virtuous_Saga_v.1.0.0.zip” with the file size of 386.95 MB.
2) After the completion of the downloading process connect your mobile to PC via USB cable.
3) Now copy the zip file to the internal memory of your desire s.
4) Now restart the phone after disconnecting from PC to enter into the boot loader.
The Final Stage
1) To enter into the boot loader mode you need have to press Volume UP key and OK button along with the Power button while the phone is booting. If you fail then restart again and press the VOL UP + OK + POWER combination again.
2) After entering into the boot loader mode find and press the RECOVERY button to enter into the recovery mode.
3) Now, you need to find out the “install zip from sd card” option. Go into “install zip from sd card” and then to “choose zip from sd card”. Now find out and select the ICS zip file.
4) After that the firmware will start to install. Now, take some rest and go for a cup of tea. It will take some time to be completed.
5) When the installation will be done successfully you shall have to press “clear cache” option in the recovery mode.
6) Next, select “++++Go Back++++”. Then “reboot system now” to restart the phone.
7) After that when your phone will be rebooted you shall see the ICS on the HTC Desire S! It is done successfully.
HTC Desire S with ICS - Video
Points to be Noted
While updating your HTC Desire S with ICS you have to be careful about some things. You should not cancel the process midway. It may harm your mobile.
It is possible that the updating process may not be successful in your case. It is because many Desire S has some different types of codes installed by different networks who sold them. Sometimes, HTC may also change the firmware of its phones in different countries.
Did you find thid tutorial helpful??
- How to Block Spam in Gmail
This is a step by step tutorial with screenshots to help you to stop spam in your Gmail account. After that, your inbox will be free and clean.
- Samsung Galaxy S firmware update to Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
Samsung Galaxy S can be updated to the latest Android Icecream sandwich or Android 4.0. This is not the official update but an unofficial one. Follow the steps to do it easily.
- What Can Android Tablets Do? Why Should One Buy an Android Tablet?
What are the uses of an android tablet? This question is asked by thousands of people who are watching the flood of android tablets in the market from various vendors. This article has answered this question in a brief and to the point way.
- How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to ICS aka Android 4.0.3 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
Update Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android ICS.ICS stands for Ice Cream Sandwich. It is the Android version 4.0.3. It will give your Galaxy S2 a brand new feel.