Best Wireless Keyboards with Touchpad for HTPC
Best All-in-One Wireless Keyboards with Touchpad / Trackpad / Mouse Capability for HTPC
Here are the best keyboards for a laptop or PC that's connected to the TV. These wireless keyboards all have built-in trackpads, touchpads, or similar devices for scrolling and controlling the curser, so that you don't need a separate mouse.
These keyboards are the perfect accessories for the Home Theater PC (HTPC) or Multimedia PC.
Some of these have backlighting, and I've included both full size and mini keyboards on this page. If you do a lot of typing, you may want a larger keyboard. However, if you think you can type on small keys, then some of these mini ones might work better, in a more remote control fashion for use in your living room or bedroom.
Pictured above: The Logitech K400 Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad
Best Small Backlit Keyboard for Remote Control of your PC (or HTPC) - Ideal for use in the dark, at night or while streaming movies....
This is palm-sized keyboard with OFN (optical finger navigation) which works to navigate around the computer screen similar to a trackball or mouse.
This cordless gadget connects with 2.4G wireless. There is a small USB receiver that you plug into your computer.
The keyboard has back lighting, which can be turned on and off.
This works up to 30 feet, so it makes for an ideal remote when using your computer connected to a TV.
It runs on 2 AA batteries, which have a 3 month battery life.
Best Full Size Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad - Most Affordable All-in-One Option
Over 400 Reviews!
This keyboard is perfect for controlling your PC while sitting on the couch or in bed. It's ideal for use with multimedia and home theater PCs that are connected to large screen TVs. There's only one real negative - it doesn't have a backlight.
Here's a list of the features:
- Near full size keyboard with large touchpad for easy mouse control.
- Long-range wireless - up to 33 feet.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- One of the reviews says it's also compatible with Mac (Snow Leopard and Lion)
- Volume and Mute buttons
- Plug-and-play setup: Plug the tiny Logitech Unifying wireless receiver into your laptop and start surfing the web
Easy Navigation and Scrolling with the Logitech K400
Best Wireless Keyboard for Windows Media Center PCs - Built-in Laser Trackball and Scroll Wheel
Over 500 Reviews!
HTPC (Home Theater PC's) setups
MCE (Windows Media Center) applications
Latest game consoles such as, PS3 and XBOX
- Ergonomic wireless 2.4GHz keyboard with built in laser trackball, left / right buttons and scroll wheel
- Range is up to 33 feet away from your computer
- Built-in laser trackball with 400, 800, and 1200 dpi selections
- Built-in left and right mouse buttons with built-in scroll wheel
- 19 hotkeys for multimedia functions
- Slip Resistant design on both sides with rubber grip
- 78 channels for Keyboard with unique ID to avoid interference (automatically switches)
- ON/OFF switch for battery saving
Full Size Bluetooth Keyboard with TouchDisc (A new kind of touchpad) - Sleek, Unique, Elegant.... This is one fancy keyboard!
Over 450 Reviews!
- Programmable hotkeys
- Thin and lightweight
- Elegant Charging Base
- Hyperspeed Scrolling with the TouchDisc
- Touch Sensitive Volume Slider
- Hot keys are backlit
- Bluetooth connectivity up to 30 feet
- Compatible with Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista, and Windows 7 (including 64 bit)
Cheap Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpad - Compatible with Linux and Windows
This is the cheapest mini keyboard with built-in touchpad that I found. At least the cheapest one that got great reviews. The only think I'm not clear about is whether it lights up or not (one of the pictures shows it with backlight, but this is not in the description). It's ideal for presentations, as it has a laser pointer too.
Awesome Wireless Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard with Backlighting - Palm Size.... Designed for your Home Theater PC (HTPC)!
Over 200 Reviews!
25 mm (.98-inch) dual-purpose ClickPad. Works as a touch pad and a 4-way directional pad
Thumb-operated keypad design
63 backlighted keys
Backlighting for two modes—orange for touch-pad mode, green for media-center remote mode
Ambient light sensor measures current available light and turns off backlight, if necessary, to conserve power
Troy gloss silver with midnight black design
Dedicated Windows Media Center button
Range: up to 10 m (33 feet)
- Best HTPC keyboard for sofa use: with trackpad or similar
Read suggestions for the best HTPC keyboard for web surfing and video streaming from the couch!
- What is the best keyboard/mouse for a HTPC setup?
Woot discussion forum.
- What's the best HTPC controller money can buy??
I have an HTPC running win 7 connected to my TV in the living room. When guests are over its on for spotify/DVD/media center. I have a cheap Bluetooth qwerty keyboard...
- Best Keyboard/Mouse/Other for HTPC/Gaming/Office setup?
I'm putting together my ultimate computing setup - gaming, working, and watching movies simultaneously from my couch on a big TV at breakneck speeds - you know, the American dream. However, I've spent.....
I'd love to hear about your setup. Using a computer connected to a TV is one of the best ways to stream video from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. It's also a lot of fun to use media center to watch videos, view family pictures, play music, etc. Have you found any accessories or gadgets that make this kind of setup easier?