- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics
Nikon D7000 - A compact, elegant body, mid-range DSLR Camera
Introducing Nikon D7000
Nikon has finally released the long-awaited mid-range class DSLR camera, Nikon D7000. The camera which is also said as the 'big brother' of D90 offers a number of advanced high-performance features packed into a compact, elegant body with a new CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine called EXPEED 2.
It's taken Nikon 2 years to release D7000 as a predecessor of their highly successful . They surely taken their time to ensure D7000 has the most advanced technology & features for all photographers enthusiast. D90
One of the slight advantage D7000 has over its 'little brother' the D90 is its capability of 1080p/24 movie recording (D-Movie) that will allow the photographer to shoot videos in full HD Resolution.
The Nikon D7000 is partially constructed with magnesium alloy body and is weather-resistant. It is also a compact (132 Ã 105 Ã 77 mm, weight is only 690gr [camera body only]) and durable camera body.
So let's explore Nikon D7000 in more details.
Nikon D7000 Promotional Video
D7000 Key Features
- 16.2MP CMOS sensor
- 1080p HD video recording with mic jack for external microphone
- ISO 100-6400 (plus H1 and H2 equivalent to ISO 12,800/25,600)
- 39-point AF system with 3D tracking
- 2016 pixel metering sensor
- Scene Recognition System (see 2016 pixel sensor, above) aids metering + focus accuracy
- Twin SD card slots (so you can have one SD card for RAW images and another SD card for JPEG images)
- 3.0 inch 921k dot LCD screen
- New Live View, movie shooting switch
- Full-time AF in Live View/movie modes
- Up to 6fps continuous shooting
- Lockable shooting mode dial
- Built-in intervalometer
- Electronic virtual horizon
- Shutter tested to 150K actuations
Gallery of sample images of D7000
The first picture we shot from our Nikon D7000:
Mode: Scene (Close-Up Mode)
f/5.6 & 1/30sec
Nikon D7000 Scene Mode
For any amateur photographers who never have a DSLR Camera prior to D7000, don't worry. This camera offers 19 different scene modes making it easy to capture great pictures on any occasions and seasons.
~ Close up
~ Night portrait
~ Night landscape
~ Pet portrait
~ Autumn colors
~ High key
~ Low key
I mainly use the close-up scene mode and this is one of my favorite shot:
Nikon D7000 Firmware Update
On the first week of owning Nikon D7000, we saw many hot pixels on our images, these hot pixels usually worse when the images were shot during night time / the subjects are dark. Thankfully, on 23rd December 2010, Nikon has released firmware update to address this issue and you can download the update v 1.01 for free from their support page.
Unfortunately, we still had hot pixel after updating our firmware. But we were advised to try updating the firmware again, on our second updates, the hot pixels are now dramatically reduced.
Nikon is currently still working on fix to address the issue of bright spots in movie mode.
Nikon Big Zoomer Lens for Nikon D7000
Nikon Short Range Lenses
Recommended Nikon Flash Guns
Copyright: All images above were taken from Amazon.com. Sample images are my own personal images.