Nook: The World's Most Advanced eBook Reader
Nook will be released November 30th
Access over one million books, newspapers and magazines. Downloaded wirelessly, in seconds...
Barnes & Noble have just announced the news of the release on 20th October of their eBook reader "Nook". Details are still a little light, but here's what I've learned so far in point form:
- Over one million titles will be available.
- Color touch screen to preview your book covers.
- E-Ink display. It isn't back-lit. Read like you would a normal book. It doesn't glare. Text appears as crisp as a printed page.
- Make can make text bigger! 5 different font sizes.
- Bookmark pages, highlight excerpts.
- You can store 1500 books on your Nook. With an additional memory card you can hold 17500 more.
- A best seller or new release will be just under ten dollars. And there are also thousands of titles available free.
- Don't understand a word in the book you're reading? You can use the built-in dictionary to find out its meaning.
- You can lend books to friends! You can share your purchased books with other nook users for up to two weeks.
- Loads and reads PDFs (Kindle doesn't).