How to Get First 1000 Subscribers in Youtube Channel
Tired of gaining first 1000 subscribers to your new YouTube Channel?
It feels like a struggle now but just remember that Rome was not built in a day. First thing you must teach your mind is to stay "CALM". That's what I would say because of the fact that its all in the game.
I have started my automobile reviewing YouTube channel four months back on February 2019. I was able to obtain the first benchmark of 1000 subs and 4000 watch hours within one month of time. I will share the tips and tricks I followed to achieve the same.
Lets get started with my experience.
Content is the King
As you know, content is always the king in search engines and YouTube. People always will stick on to articles and videos which has great engaging and promoting content. They always look for new and fresh content when searching for a topic or information. As per my experience, I have made a small research on my content to be published, which provided a great mileage to my channel.
Look for what the people is searching for?
In order to get traffic to your videos, you must first know what people are searching for, what they are most interested, what they prefer to watch (within your niche), etc.
After starting my YouTube channel for automobile I was constantly searching for new and fresh content. I checked other channels and found out a unique content which was then not featured in any of the channels. I decided to do a review of a bus, SCANIA which could not be found in other channels. This worked and clicked well. It got more than 50k views within one month and helped me in increasing my subscribers. I sought the help of Google to arrive at my choice, and here is how I did it.
- Check out Google Trends to know the trending topics across the globe or your area so that you can choose a pretty close topic for your next video.
- Check out other Youtubers videos and get an idea on how they are presenting and editing videos. Watch out the comment section also for more ideas.
- Once you have selected a topic, check out the keywords associated with the search terms.
- You can use Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, etc for finding the keyword search volumes.
Till now my SCANIA video is the one which is driving me great traffic to my channel apart from many other videos.
Have a great Title
Framing a highly optimized title for your video can give good results in your watch hours.
Use the chrome extension TubeBuddy for having a good and optimized title and title description. I use TubeBuddy for optimizing the title and content. keep in mind to include the main keyword at first in your title.
For eg., if your video is about iPhone XR review, include "iPhone XR Review" in the first part of the title itself.
The description and Title is also important
Framing the description must be done carefully as the keywords in the description also will be optimized for a search result in YouTube.
- Briefly explain what the video is about in the description and try to include the main keywords within the description without a break in the continuity.
- You can include a maximum of 5000 words in the description. I suggest you include the major links of other videos on your channel, your other social media profile links like Fb, Twitter, etc.
- Tags should be done as per a keyword analysis. You can refer to the previously mentioned tools to have an idea of most searched keywords related to your video. For eg. as said before, if your video is related to iPhone XR, you can include tags like, iPhone XR review, iPhone XR unboxing, iPhone XR feature, etc.
Don't forget to ask the viewers to subscribe your channel.
Make use of Cards, End screens etc for more results
Once you have uploaded a video, you can see the options of end screens and cards. Make use of these as these features help the viewers to subscribe and jump to another video, this getting more engagement in your channel.
I have done this strategy and has resulted in an increased view of targeted videos. The end screen also helps in gaining some number of subscribers as well.
What about your Thumbnails? Does it look better?
In every article, I have found that the thumbnails are very important. Yes, it is. I love to make such types of attractive thumbnails for my videos and the tool I suggest you is Canva.
It has got tons of template to customize with depending on the type of content. And I would say, editing a thumbnail in Canva is pretty fun also. You don't want to be a techy to do so. I always use a unique pattern for my thumbnails, so that after a while it will serve as an identity to the channel and the channel looks a bit more organized. So I would suggest you have a customized thumbnail design for your videos.
Share the video to your limits.
Once you have published your video, share the video link to your friends, family, relatives, etc. I will explain the sharing tips used here.
- Create a broadcast list in Whatsapp exclusively for sharing the new video links.
- Create a story image of the video for Whatsapp, Instagram, and FB and placing the link in the bio and stories.
- Commenting on the most trending and new videos of large creators with the link of the new video can draw some traffic. (Make sure you don't comment on more than 15 videos. There is a risk that YouTube may mark your content and video as spam)
- Share your Video thumbnail in Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc with the video link.
- Get connected with similar youtube channel creators and you can try cross-promotion also.