- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics
Olympus Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera - The Stylus Tough 6020
Take This Olympus Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera Almost Anywhere
It's not hard to find waterproof shockproof digital cameras these days. Everyone from Canon to Sony has models available, and all of them offer features such as being able to submerse your camera in water or knock it off a tabletop without worrying about it breaking. But the price range for these cameras varies a lot, from just under $200 to about $400. The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is near the bottom of the price range, but offers greater submersibility (down to 16 feet) and higher resolution (14 megapixels) than some of the other cameras that cost more. Read on to learn more about the features and get reviews from people using this camera.
(Image provided by amazon)
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 - One of the Tough Olympus waterproof, shockproof digital cameras
Features of the Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Waterproof, Shockproof Digital Camera
14 MP resolution with HD recording
The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 comes packed with the following features:
- Available in blue, green or black
- Submersible to 16 feet
- 14 MP resolution
- 5x optical zoom
- One-touch HD movie recording
- Shockproof to 5 feet
- Freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2.7-inch LCD display
- 29 shooting modes
- In-camera panorama
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Video - Get a closer look at this Olympus waterproof, shockproof digital camera
An Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 owner shows off his new camera.
Camera Owners Give Good Reviews to The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020
About 200 reviewers give it good marks
Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera Reviews
Amazon reviewers rave about this camera. As of this writing, nearly 200 reviewers have rated it, with the largest number of reviewers giving it 5 stars. Here's what they have to say:
- All of my photos taken with the 6020 are perfect, unless I do something wrong.
- Anyone who buys this great little camera will love it and have great success with sharp, clean, well colored photos!
- It is by far one of the best little point and clicks that I have had and I have had at least 5 in the past 5 years.
- Amazing product, as I dropped it in pool and forgot about it, found it after 30 mins and this camera was working as normal as it was before!
- The menu is easy to understand and the screen is huge, which is great.
- The best feature I have used so far is the panaramic veiw and how easy it is to use and how it leaves part of the last frame on there so you can line it up just right.
- This camera rocks! ...(It) has been dropped by a 3 year old on the concrete, used to snorkel under water, and caught some wonderful spur of the moment HD video.
- Back in 2006 I started carrying one of the original Olympus Tough 7 Mp cameras with me in Iraq. I carried that camera there for 19 months without a glitch. Every day it was in my cargo pocket ready for action no matter the environment, sand storms, cold, hot, dust, and it recieved its fair share of dents and scratches along the way. During an R&R in Antigua in 2007, I lost it it a shallow tide pool while snorkling. We found it the next day after searching for a bit, I pulled it from the sandy bottom and powered it up, still underwater, and was able to take shots right away... I have purchased two others since then, both 10 Mp models and they are performing flawlessly.
Stylus Tough 6020 Olympus Waterproof Shockproof Digital Camera -
More Olympus Waterproof, Shockproof Digital Cameras - Several Olympus Tough cameras are available
The Olympus Stylus Tough 6020 is one of a series of cameras in the Olympus Tough line. Here are some of the other options available from this camera manufacturer.
You Might Also Like... - More pages about rugged cameras
The Best Underwater Digital Camera 2012
For anyone wanting high speed, high resolution pictures from a waterproof point-and-shoot camera, the best underwater digital camera for 2012 is the Sony DSC...
Waterproof Cameras with Video
It was only a few years ago that the first waterproof digital camera hit the market. Now they're one of the hottest trends in photography, and many of them n...
Get an Underwater Camera Under 100 Dollars
Digital camera technology has improved a lot over the past few years, and now you can easily pick up a good underwater camera under 100 dollars. Most of them...
Panasonic's New Waterproof Lumix Camera Offers Creative Control
The problem with most underwater digital cameras is that they don't offer many manual options for photographers who like to have creative control over their ...
Waterproof Cameras With GPS
There are many reasons to select waterproof cameras with GPS. In addition to being able to geotag your photos, they're typically rugged cameras that can with...
What's the Best Travel Camera for 2012?
What's the best travel camera? It's one that's light and compact enough to fit in a pocket or carry-on, rugged enough you won't need to worry about it gettin...