Outlook Appointment Reminder Not Working - Solution
You may come across the message while you ‘Save’ the new reminder in Outlook.
It is a hard situation to manage work in, if you loss the reminder, you may end up forgetting urgent meetings you had to attend, things you had to do and every target you have set up may go wrong.
What may be the reasons for the cause?
Let us go through the issue and find out the reason for its occurrence to obtain some solution for the same. There are ways to set up the reminders both manual and automatic.
Ground for Outlook Appointment Reminder Not Working
You can see plenty of reasons around. Some of the dominant causes can be:
- The Outlook is not functioning properly. The reminders are not kept separately Outlook runs it. Therefore, improper working of Outlook leads to trouble with reminder.
- The reminder is not set inside the primary folder. Primary folder occupies at the delivery point of the mail. If the reminders are not stored in the folder then, Outlook doesn’t schedule the reminder at times.
- Corruption of the reminder file will step in as another cause for it to stop working properly.
- The delivery location may be set as ‘None’. There should be a default location for the reminder to go.
The display remainder option may be set ‘Off’ in Outlook interface or in Group Policy interface. Usually, if a feature is assembled with Group Policy then, it is set to disable status.
Ways to Get Rid of Issues With Reminders
There is no particular solution meant for the problem. There are many solutions for this and you will have to work out on each and fix the trouble.
- Verify all the remainders created and stored in the Primary folder.
- Run Outlook to get the remainders, if it is not running.
- Recover the PST file from corruption using any third party solution.
- Close Outlook. On the ‘Start’ menu, go to ‘Run’ and type outlook/cleanremainders or outlook/resetfolders and click on ‘Ok’.
- Go to Tool menu and select ‘Email Account’.
- In the ‘Email Account’ box see that if view or change existing mail account is enabled and press ‘Next’.
- See whether location is selected in Deliver new email to the following location: option.
- Click on ‘Ok’, if done.
If the reminder do not appear in Outlook 2007;
- Select the ‘Tool’ tab on the top.
- Choose ‘Options’ and go to ‘Others’.
- In ‘Others’ choose ‘Advanced Options’ settings.
- From ‘Advanced Option’ window then, choose ‘Reminder Option’ and check ‘Display the Reminder’.
- Press on ‘Ok’ button.
For those who use 2013 and 2010;
- Go for File menu and click on Option from the menu.
- Select Advanced from Option window.
- Under ‘Reminder’ option, choose Show Reminders and click ‘Ok’.
If the reminder is not reminding you, check out the Outlook for making changes and follow the mentioned procedures. This blog will prove helpful in giving an all-round idea about why Outlook appointment reminder not working and how to get it back on track.