Pinnacle Video Transfer Device
Easily Save Home Videos With The Pinnacle Video Transfer Device!!!
People everywhere are searching for ways to transfer their VHS videotapes, especially their home movies, to a digital format. Others want to record images from their DVD player, DVR, set-top box or even their gaming console. The Pinnacle Video Transfer Device may be just what you are looking for! Read on to learn more about this simple, fairly easy-to-use and, very importantly, affordable device. Plus, information about a few other devices which you can use to transfer your videos.
The Pinnacle Video Transfer Device is designed to transfer videos from a source like your VCR or TV to a storage device like the Apple iPod, Sony PSP, memory stick, hard drive or USB storage device. You can then, if you wish, burn your files to a DVD.
What Does It Do?
Simply put -- it transfers videos to a storage medium without the use of a computer.
How Does This Video Converter Work?
At the touch of a button and, yes, it is really almost that easy, this little box records analog video into MPEG-4 quality on USB 2.0 storage devices and it does so without the use of a computer! Just plug your devices in and hit record!The controls are simple -- a dial that has Mode and Rec printed on it. Press Mode to turn it on and off, set the recording quality to your choice of good, better or best. Then plug your USB storage device into the Pinnacle Video Transfer Device, turn the device on, start up the VCR and press record.
How Big Is It?
This little device looks big in this picture because there is no size reference. However, this unit is quite compact -- it is just a bit larger and about twice as thick as an ipod Touch. Pretty small, I would say.
What About Resolution? - Resolution will depend upon which quality you choose:
- Good -- 320 x 240 dpi
- Better -- 640 x 480 dpi
- Best -- 720 x 480 dpi
What Input Devices Does This Video Transfer Device Work With?
This device will work with input from your camcorder, DVD player, VCR, DVR, set-top box or gaming console.
What Devices Will the Pinnacle Video Transfer Unit Save To?
It will work with your iPod, Sony PSP, USB Flash drives and USB hard drives.
What Are The Pros of the Pinnacle Video Transfer Device?
- Easy to use.
- Good Quality image.
- No computer required!
- One-touch start and stop recording.
- Recharges iPod battery at the same time as you record (if you buy the cable.)
- Save your memories and actually see them again!
How About the Cons?
- When loading your files onto an iPod or PSP you must have the latest software on the transfer device and your iPod must be PC-formatted.
- You have to be present to stop the recording at the desired moment.
- The recording is a standard video file that is not high definition.
Most importantly:"This nifty little unit works as advertised: video in, MP4 files out. Great for archiving, digitizing home videos or just for instant iPod gratification. A useful little video converter for computer-less capture."-- Videomaker.com
"Awesome Device ~~ Grab One Right Now ~~ So Easy A Monkey Could Use It" - This Youtube Video is a great rundown of this little machine. A Tech Update by Tiger T
This young fellow (sorry, he doesn`t introduce himself) gives an excellent discussion of this video transfer device on this short video. It is very easy to understand when he tells you all about how it works.
Just In Case You Want The Pesky Little Technical Details...
- Includes an A/V RCA cable, a power supply unit and a quick-start guide.
- Gives high-quality MPEG-4 encoding in H.264 with three choices up to 720 x 480 resolution.
- Multiple capture options for mobile devices, full-screen computer and video editing or DVD burning.
- Input connectors - 1x RCA (PAL-SECAM-NTSC) Composite Video, 1x Y/C (PAL-SECAM-NTSC) S-Video, 2x RCA Stereo Audio, and H.264 capture format.
- Optional USB output - Flash Memory Stick USB 2.0 (FAT16/32 only), USB 2.0 Hard Disk Drive (FAT16/32 only), Sony PSP (FAT16 only, firmware version 2.81 or higher), and Apple iPod Video (FAT32 only, firmware version 1.2.1 or higher). Will recharge iPod battery with optional cable.
Reviews Of The Pinnacle Video Transfer Device
- PC World Magazine Review
Pinnacle Systems unveils Pinnacle Transfer Video, a mobile device capable of recording analog video onto iPods and other USB 2.0 storage devices without using PCs.
- Videomaker.com Review
A cable going in and a cable going out. Oh, and there are two buttons too. That's pretty much it. But what happens in the middle makes it a useful tool. Let's say you don't have a computer handy . . . or you just don't want to mess with it...
I love this device because it's so easy to use, making for quick and easy backup of a bunch of different video sources. For example, I was able to take a stack of my camcorder tapes and turn them into MPEG-4 video files, which I could store on my USB
The Pinnacle Video Transfer is a $99 device that promises easy one-touch recording to a myriad of devices including USB memory sticks and external hard drives as well as direct recording to the Sony PSP and iPod Video, Nano, and Classic devices.
Buy Your Pinnacle Video Transfer Device - On Amazon.
Are You In The Market For A Video Transfer Device?
© 2008 Treasures By Brenda