Three solutions to record gameplay on iPad
iPads have been becoming increasingly popular, and one of the best tasks that they are good for is playing games. An iPad offers you a much bigger screen size, which is ideal for playing those high-res games for the best experience. Anyone who has owned an iPad will testify to the fact that playing games on iPad is one of the most addictive of habits.
iPad has some of the most popular games out there, and you can do a lot more than just play them on it. With an iPad, you can record game plays to create tutorials, record special moves, capture high scores and so on. But how exactly is this possible- this is what you may be thinking. As you read ahead, you will discover some of the best ways to make the most of your gaming experience on the iPad.
Method 1: Use AceThinker iPhone Screen Recorder
The first solution in our list is the iPhone Screen Recorder which also works for iPad. This tool works as mirroring and recording your iPad screen on computer, therefore it does not take up the storage on your iPad, nor does not require Jailbreak or lightening cable.With it, you can project your iPad screen on a bigger laptop/PC wirelessly. Once this is done, recording the gameplay is a matter of a few simple steps. Let us go ahead and see what they are:
2. Ensure that you are connected to the same Wi-Fi networks on both your computer and your iPad.
3. On your iPad, open the Control Center and then tap on ‘AirPlay’, then find your PC on it and switch on the ‘Mirroring’ function. Once this is done, your iPad screen will be successfully mirrored on your laptop.
4. Go on the iPhone/iPad Recorder app on your PC, then on options for configuring the preferences.
5. Get the game you want to record ready on the iPad, and then click on the Red button to begin the recording process.
6. Once you are done with the recording, press the red icon again to finish the recording. The recording will be available in the output folder set by you.
Using the iPhone/iPad recorder is very simple, and you do not have to know or do anything else for recording the game play as per your specifications. Note that this tool can help to record just anything on your iPad or iPhone screen.
Pros: Connect, mirror and record iPad screen on Win/Mac computer. No cable or Jailbreak required.
Cons: You need to keep your iOS device and computer in the same network for recording, meaning you cannot record iPad on-the-go.
Method 2: Use Air Shou (iOS App)
Air Shou is a 3rd party application that can come in handy when you want to record a gameplay from your iPad. However, this method is a little complicated as compared to the other way that we have talked about earlier. Let us see the steps involved in using AirShou to record your iPad screen.
1. First, go on google and search for air show from the Safari browser on your iPad.
2. When on that link, scroll down to AirShou, and then click on the Install button.
3. Once it is done, go to your iPad Settings, then to General, then on Device Management and Trust.
4. Once the app is installed, open it and from the 2 options that come up, click on Start Recording.
5. Before clicking on Start Recording, you can modify to get the recording as per your preferences, such as change the format, set the resolution, orientation and bitrate.
6. When you exit the App, there is a red bar on top of the screen, showing that the recording is going on. To finish the recording, just tap on the bar and it will stop.
While it may seem as the simplest method at first, the major disadvantage of this is that it uses your iPad memory and battery. It is a resource heavy process. In addition to that, AirShou is not available on the App Store-, which means that not all iPad users may be comfortable in using it.
Pros: Record screen on your iPhone/iPad directly without other apps. Broadcast your screencast instantly and also view the videos shared by others.
Cons: This app is not available on Apple store and there will be a red border appears on screen during recording.
Method 3: Use QuickTime player (Mac Only)
You can record your iPad screen using QuickTime player as well. It lets you trim the recordings as soon as you make them, and you can record the game play without any interruptions. Just start the recording and continue playing- the rest will happen on its own. Let us go ahead and see the steps that are involved in recording gameplay on the iPad screen:
1. Connect your iPad to the Mac using the lightning cable on it.
2. Once that is done, launch the QuickTime player on your Mac.
3. In the File menu of the QuickTime player, select the option that says ‘New Movie Recording’.
4. A recording window will open- in that, click on the arrow next to the recording button and from the list of devices, select your iPad. If you wish to record the sound as well, select the mic of the iPad.
5. With this, you are all set- click on Record as soon as the game you want opens on your iPad. You can tap the stop button to end the recording.
While QuickTime player is a great way to record without any 3rd party apps, it comes with its own limitations. You need to have a Mac device with OS X Yosemite or later along with iOS 8 or more on the iPad. It also requires you to connect the iPad to the Mac using the lightning cable.
Pros:Record iPad screen on your Mac computer without installing any other tools. Simple to use within a few clicks.
Cons: You need a cable connection. This way only lets you export recorded videos in MOV.
Thus, with these 3 methods, you now know all there is about recording game play on your iPad. By comparing these solutions, you will find a suitable mean that can get the job done in a great manner!