"Cannot find Rundll.exe" - solve it forever! (Windows 7)
Rundll.exe error - solve and forget!
Rundll.exe and Rundll32.exe - what is it?
Rundll.exe is a part of Windows Operating System process, needed for correct work of essential applications. As an important process, it should not be disabled, BUT it also can be a part of malicious programs. Of course, in such case it has to be removed immidiately.
Step-by-step manual solution of the Rundll problem
At your own risk!
1. Find all parts of Rundll.exe problem. It is normally spread from 10 to 25 different files. Legal Rundll.exe files can be located in:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files
Remember: some harmful programs mask themselves as a legal Rundll.exe, particularly located in one of the two first directories, listed above.
2. Stop ALL running Rundll.exe and Rundll32.exe and connected processes, whether it is a malicious or a legal one.
3. "Regedit" utility is here to help you: delete all registry keys with autorun information, connected with Rundll.exe.
4. Restore corrupted legal file (Rundll.exe) from your Windows Operating System distribution, using helpful "sfc.exe" utility.
5. Reboot your computer to finish Rundll.exe problem solution.
Rundll.exe problem is solved! Forget of any error message!