top 7 mobile phone manufacturing companies
1: Samsung Electronics
Samsung Electronics is the world's largest consumer electronics company, headquartered in Seocho Samsung Town in Seoul, South Korea. It is the largest South Korean company and the flagship subsidiary of the Samsung Group.
Samsung Electronics is the global market leader in more than 60 products, including Semiconductors such as DRAM, SDRAM, Flash Memory and Hard Drives, Digital Displays such as LCD Displays, Plasma Displays and OLED Displays, Home Electronics such as TVs, DVD Players, Blu-ray Players, Home Cinema Systems, Set-Top Boxes and Projectors, Mobile Devices such as Mobile Phones, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras and Camcorders, Computing Products such as Monitors, Laptops, UMPCs, CD and DVD Drives, Laser Printers and Fax Machines and Home Appliances such as Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Microwaves, Ovens, Vacuum Cleaners and Air Conditioners.
- In 2005, Samsung surpassed Japanese rival Sony for the first time to be rated as the new leading and most popular consumer electronics brand in the world by Interbrand.
- In 2007, Samsung Electronics' handset division overtook American rival Motorola, making it the world's second largest mobile phone maker.
- In 2012, Samsung overtook Nokia to number 1 slot in mobile sales segment.
2: Nokia Corporation
Nokia Corporation is a multinational communications corporation, headquartered in Keilaniemi, Espoo, a city neighbouring Finland's capital Helsinki.
- It is focused on wireless and wired telecommunications,
- It has 128,445 employees in 120 countries.
- Its sales operation is in more than 150 countries.
- Its global annual revenue is of 50.7 billion euros and operating profit of 5.0 billion as of 2008.
- Its the one of the world's largest manufacturer of mobile telephones
3: LG Electronics
LG Electronics is a South Korean multinational corporation With headquarters in the LG Twin Towers on Yeouido, Seoul, LG Electronics is the flagship company of LG Group, one of the largest chaebols.
- It is South Korea's second largest electronics maker and the world's third largest appliance maker.
- It has 75 subsidiaries worldwide that design and manufacture televisions, home appliances, and telecommunications devices. LG Electronics owns Zenith Electronics and controls 37.9 percent of LG Display.
- with 100 + million handsets sold and approximate market share of 6.5 %.
Apple was founded on 1st April 1976, it has mainly concentrated its operations in USA and later spread it world wide. Fortune magazine named Apple the most admired company in the world in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- In 1992, Apple began to move manufacturing operations to Elk Grove, California. As of September 2010, Apple had 46,600 full time employees and had worldwide annual sales of $65.23 billion
- It is an american multinational corporation best known for Macintosh line of computers, iPod, the iphone and the ipads and also for Mac OS X operating system, the iTunes media browser, the ilife suite of multimedia and creative software, iwork suite of productivity software, Aperture: a professional photography package, final Cut Studio: a suite of professional audio and film software products, Logic studio for music production, Safari an internet browser and also iOS an Mobile operating system.
- With 55+ million handsets sold and market share of just 3.2 % it is at no 4.
5: RIM: Blackberry
Research In Motion Limited was founded in 1984 with its headquarter in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Recently Blackberry was in news for all the wrong reasons. RIM has planned for tablet and named it Blackberry Play book.
- RIM's most famous model is Blackberry and its mainly designed for business class people. Since the business class is limited, there sales are also limited.
- With 45+ million handsets sold the world over and market share of around 2.8 % it stands well at No 5
6: Motorola Inc
Motorola Inc is an American, multinational, Fortune 100, telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois.
- It is a manufacturer of wireless telephone handsets, also designing and selling wireless network infrastructure equipment such as cellular transmission base stations and signal amplifiers.
- It's home and broadcast network products include set-top boxes, digital video recorders, and network equipment used to enable video broadcasting, computer telephony, and high-definition television.
- Its business and government customers consist mainly of wireless voice and broadband systems used to build private networks and public safety communications systems.
7: Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson is a joint venture established in 2001 by the Japanese consumer electronics company Sony Corporation and the Swedish telecommunications company Ericsson to make mobile phones. The stated reason for this venture is to combine Sony's consumer electronics expertise with Ericsson's technological leadership in the communications sector. Both companies have stopped making their own mobile phones.
- It's global management is based in Hammersmith, London, and it has research & development teams in Sweden, Japan, China, Germany, the United States, India, Pakistan and the United Kingdom.
- In 2007, it was the fourth-largest mobile phone manufacturer in the world after Nokia, Motorola and Samsung. The sales of products largely increased due to the launch of the Walkman and Cyber-shot series.
- In 2008, its South Korean rival LG Electronics overtook Sony Ericsson in Q1 2008