- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
Top Ten Facebook Charity Applications.
What Are the Top 10 Charity Applications Within Facebook?
After careful review of all of the charity applications within Facebook, a list has been compiled of those that earned a place in the Top Ten. Several factors were considered when grading these Facebook charity applications. These factors are user value, charity value, viral factor, and interest longevity potential. As the Facebook charity application list grows to be more substantial, this list may be updated. However, for now, this is the winning top 10 charity applications within Facebook!
However, on top of this valuable Top Ten list, there is even more charity information below that will help to educate you upon the current need for help and financial donations. There is plenty of information to help each and every reader of this lens upon how to remain aware and to stay active in the charity community of their choice! REMEMBER: Always check out a charity's legitimacy before donating to them - CharityNavigator.org
Top 10 Facebook Charity Applications
Top rated and top notch, these charity applications are the ones with the current highest value, or with the greatest potential.
1) Good Search - A Yahoo powered search engine which allows them to donate a portion of the proceeds which they earn from searching to the charity that you choose. A major issue with this application is that it boast 45,000 charities & schools, but doesn't clearly disclose exactly how much of the proceeds are donated to these charities. This is a violation of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance guidelines, which almost any charity knows to avoid. This could potentially mean that the charities involved don't even know that they are involved, or that the application could get those charities in trouble in the long-run.
2) Social Vibe - An excellent charity application which creates a link between your social network and your www.socialvibe.com account! Social Vibe utilizes corporate sponsors, who donate money to your chosen charity recipient based upon the number of points that you generate daily on their site. Of course, you utilize their advertisements on your profile which announces that they are sponsoring your charity, so they are achieving some marketing goals from your participation. While the numbers are not clear to me yet as to how much is being donated, I definitely put this application high on the list based upon the credibility of the site and sponsors. I will also update donation information as it becomes available to me.
3) Charity Trivia - Trivia question charity application which donates 10 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program for each trivia question that you get right. The application seems to be working well, and legitimate with its clarity of its intent. However, some issues with trying to answer multiple questions in a row. The application overall has a good rating, plus a good purpose behind its use - feed the hungry people of the world!
4) Charity Miles - Charity Miles is a free iPhone/Android App that enables you to earn corporate sponsorships for charity by walking, running or biking. #EveryMileMatters
5) Every Click - This charity application is also a PPC (Pay Per Click) business model, based out of the UK, which allows you to select a single charity, then they will donate money to that charity each time you use their search engine to search and click on search returns. They make their money from the PPC advertised and sponsored links. This definitely seems legitimate, but again PPC earnings are extremely small per click. The application is designed well, and it is simple to use.
6) Competition for a Cause - This is a simple charity application that is local to the Twin Cities area. Basically, local business owners are sponsoring an award amount, and users can vote within the application to see which team gets to choose how that award is donated. If you're not from the Twin Cities area, then having your voice heard when it comes time to choose may be difficult... But, it is a good concept!
7) Pennies at a Time - Here is an oddly configured shopping portal which donates to charities "pennies at a time" whenever you shop through their application. However, there is no clear donation amount, or as to which charities your efforts are benefiting...
8) Razoo - Set up a fundraiser for a nonprofit of your choice or setup a personal fundraiser for yourself or someone you care about. There are no setup fees and no monthly subscription fees. Razoo is crowdfunding that makes a difference. People just like you have used Razoo to create more than 100,000 fundraising websites and to give over $400M in donations!
Find Twitter Success!
"Twitter, Truemors, and Tweeps, Oh My!" lens, and see how you can rapidly gain followers for your charity or non-profit through Twitter, manage them effectively, keep them informed, and effectively raise public awareness & donations!
Charity Awareness is Key to Charity Success - Without the ability to educate the public upon the disasters, atrocities, and lack of basic human needs that are a
Watch some of these videos, which will help to educate you upon the fact that there are people currently in need of your help. Disasters that were thought to be over are still impacting people's lives. Starvation and hunger are not things of the past. Cancer and AIDS do exist even though they may not have affected you or someone that you know. Abuse is happening everywhere around you.
There is always someone that you can help; there is always someone in need of your help. You must take it upon yourself to seek out these people, and the charitable organizations which are aligned in helping these individuals. Be responsible in your giving by researching the charities that you are giving to, to ensure that your money is not being wasted or abused. More importantly, stay vigil in your pursuit of creating a better place for all of humanity to live by helping to raise global charity awareness through your actions.
(For contact information, website URL, charity rating, and background information regarding any charity, please visit Charity Navigator.)
Check Out These Charities and Charity Resources!
- Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the ACF International Network, an agency established specifically to combat global hunger. The mission of Action Against Hunger is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection, and treatme
- United Stats Fund for UNICEF
Since 1947, the United States Fund for UNICEF has supported the work of the United Nations Children's Fund by raising support for its programs and increasing public awareness of the challenges facing the world's children. The oldest of 37 national co