- Internet & the Web
Why I Like Writing On Seekyt
Should you start writing articles on Seekyt?
Don’t put all eggs in one basket is an idiom widely used among online article writers because they all recommend not to make your online writing and money-making model depending on one website only. Why?
If the basket is dropped, all is lost.
That’s why most writers choose different websites such as Hubpages, InfoBarrel, Bukisa, etc. to make money online writing articles and building relevant, good-quality external backlinks. There is a relatively new site with a growing community allowing writers to publish original and optimized content, and make money from affiliate programs – Seekyt.com.
My experience on Seekyt so far is very positive; I love spending time there as much as I love spending time here on Hubpages. The feeling that has been following me since I started to actively participate and write articles on Seekyt can be described as “addictive” – this attribute has been often given to Hubpages by many hubbers enjoying this great community.
- SEO Quotes 25 great search engine optimization quotes
Enjoy interesting search engine optimization quotes collected from SEO experts explaining SEO to the core. These quotes may help you understand the most important aspects of search engine optimization - your key to success.
This feeling has been pushing me to expand my online writing activities on both Hubpages and Seekyt, and it motivated me to dedicate more time to my link building strategies. This "addictive" feeling is an important sign that Seekyt has great potential and value. Participation in the Seekyt community reminds me of the scene in the film The Social Network when Amy tells Sean (starring Justin Timberlake):
“TheFacebook? Stanford’s had it for like two weeks now it’s really awesome except it’s freakishly addictive. Seriously, I’m on the thing like five times a day.”
Of course, Seekyt is much behind Hubpages because Hubpages launched years ago and with a huge financial investment; the site matured and established itself as an authority site supporting user-generated content with more than a million hubs published by thousands of users. Still, keeping all things in mind, I found that there are numerous benefits of writing on Seekyt, too. I came up with a list of ten important reasons why you should write on Seekyt and wish you success if you decide to join the community.
10 reasons to JOIN and WRITE on Seekyt
The Seekyt Community
1) The Seekyt community is very friendly and ready to help you if you have any questions or doubts about your writing or any other themes.
2) Seekyt’s owner and operator admin (also known as howtoguru on Hubpages) is very supportive and you can learn a lot from him. He will answer all of your questions and take all feature suggestions you forward. His journal posts and articles will often give you ideas for choosing a topic and writing an original article.
Rapid Community Growth
3) The community has recently lived up a significant growth with new members and submitted articles. Seekyt as a social bookmarking site doesn’t exist anymore – it is redirected to become an authority article submitting site. Joining the community right now at the moment of its rapid growth has numerous advantages. By the time thousands of new members discover Seekyt’s value, you will have been an established writer who can actually help new members and whose internal links will be showing on most new created Seekyt web pages on the same topic.
4) Google’s search engine algorithm has recognized the effort put into Seekyt and as a result the web site has been indexed as a Google-friendly site. Many articles published on Seekyt enjoy the privilege of very high rankings including #1 search engine result page. Unfortunately, the existing bookmarks which had high rankings and enough traffic to earn income fell down in the SERPs after the latest Google algorithm change. If you are already a member there, you may want to consider writing articles on the same topic including an anchor text backlink to what “used” to be your bookmark on Seekyt.
- How to get backlinks from Seekyt articles: new link building strategy
Seekyt once used to be a social bookmarking site and you were able to submit links to your articles written on different web sites, but this is no longer the case. Recently, Seekyt changed its working policy...
5) Submitting backlinks is no longer possible the way it was when Seekyt was a social bookmarking site, but if you decide to write articles there, you have the opportunity of backlinking through your article using anchor text. Note that this heavily depends on the word count that you employ while creating content on Seekyt pages. There are some great articles which can instruct you how to use Seekyt articles for backlinks.
Revenue from Google Adsense
6) Seekyt offers you the chance to earn a 70% revenue share from Google AdSense, which is much more than on most article submitting sites including Hubpages. The only requirements to participate in the revenue sharing program are:
- create a Google Account and never (and I mean, never) click your own ads or encourage others to do so. That’s against Google’s policy and TOS; therefore, not complying to these rules will end up with you getting banned (being officially prohibited to use Google advertising model or Seekyt for money-making or any other purposes).
- to track your web pages performace and AdSense data for Seekyt, add a new profile for the site in your Google Analytics account.
Amazon associates Program - Revenue Share
7) Another way of earning money with Seekyt is through Amazon Associates program. The Amazon revenue sharing works a little different than here on Hubpages: the share revenue is based on Amazon ad impressions. Just like with AdSense, you earn 70% of the impressions on your posts including 25% of the impressions on every article your referrals write. There are three ways to include Amazon products on your web page during your submission process:
- you can add a specific Amazon Product ID to display an Amazon ad specific to the topic you are writing about at the end of your article. This is especially useful if you want to write Amazon product reviews.
- if you choose an Amazon category, you can have the Amazon Search Widget displayed next to the Related Posts area on any of your Seekyt web pages.
- you can earn from Amazon revenue sharing program by using contextual links; Seekyt’s member jpwriter explains how to use the program and shares tips for employing Amazon affiliate text links: Tips on making sales and tracking amazon stats on Seekyt.
8) Seekyt also has a referral program; you can find your referral links in your account under Referral Program tab. These are: your basic referral link (leading to your home page on Seekyt) and an alternative referral link (leading to the registration page). You also have the option to add your referrer ID to any URL on Seekyt and still be credited with a referral if someone registers after visiting the link. This means that if people register after you refer them to Seekyt with any URL containing your referral ID, you will get 25% of revenue based on Google AdSense impressions on all of their submissions, and your referrals will still earn 70% of affiliates just like any other user.
The Journal Feature
9) Seekyt has an interesting feature called journal. You can use this feature to post mini-blogs or questions, share your thoughts or brief explanations about something. The word count isn’t determined, but it has to be shorter than an article (minimum word count for articles on Seekyt is 400 words). The feature doesn’t have a text editor so adding links and putting text in bold or italics depends on your html knowledge.
10) And, finally, the tenth, but not the last reason why you should join and write for Seekyt: the comments feature. Just like here on Hubpages, you can comment and receive comments on your web pages. It is forbidden to post links in comments – any form of inappropriate user behavior will end up penalized or deleted. The commenting feature is very powerful and interesting because you get feedback concerning your writing, the topic you are covering or product you are advertising. Commenting keeps your content fresh in a certain way and gives you the chance of better interaction with other community members (you can also include RSS feed on your pages to keep your content fresh).
A final note.
If you have already heard of Seekyt and have had doubts whether to join the community, I hope this article helped making the right decision. If you are a member already, I hope this article motivated you to take some more action on Seekyt.
Not a member?
If you are not a member of Seekyt.com check their F&Q page, Content Guidelines and many other interesting posts following links on their home page.
SIGN UP for Seekyt today!
You may also want to read:
- Article Writing - Websites Reviews
You don't know which article writing platform to use? Check these websites reviews to find the ones you feel you could benefit from. Squidoo, HubPages, InforBarrel, Xomba, Bukisa, Wizzley, Triond, Wikinut, Helium, SeekSuccess, and Seekyt.
- Writing For The Web - Add SeekSuccess To Your Portfolio
What revenue sharing sites are good to focus on article writing? SeekSuccess is fairly new, but very promising, while longer established websites to consider are Seekyt and Hubpages. SeekSuccess will be a learning experience for both beginners and...
- Websites That Make Money: HubPages vs. Seekyt
Looking for revenue sharing websites to write online articles and make some money? Websites that make money, such as HubPages and Seekyt, count numerous members who have shared their knowledge, ideas and creativity with the online world. Many of them
- Could You Write 30 Articles in 30 Days?
Wondering how to make money online with article writing websites? There are a few things you should know before you start thinking about how much you have earned with Google AdSense or Amazon. The 30 Days Challenge was a starting point for many write