10 Best summer holiday destinations of India
Best places to visit
Its mid of May and the sun has come right above our head shining brighter than ever before. Crossing the 1000 F mark it is extremely hot here in India. Same goes for other places of world, this is the season that can make a most adventures, travel loving, playful, enjoying person to loose the zeal to to what they love the most, its not a problem now. There are few places here in India which are not affected by the scorching heat of sun and are real paradise for your vacations this summer.
If you are yet planning your vacations for this season I have got something thing very useful and eyecatching. I am about to share the top 10 best places to visit in India this summer.
So just sit tight and stay focused cause you are about to go into the world of paradise like never before.
10. On number ten is the beautiful city of Nanital from the state of Uttarakhand in India. Situated at an altitude of 1, 938 meters above sea level this city is situated in a valley of the Kumaon foothills of the outer Himalayas. The highest temperature noted in Nanital during summers was 81o F and minimum of 450 F. Hotel here are situated in a valley containing beautiful pear shaped lakes, approximately 2 miles in circumference and surrounded by mountains called the Naina lakes. It's a wonderful place for site seeing. Bounded by the great snowy range and dotted with lakes Nanital has earned the nick name of "Lake District" of India.
09. From the north-eastern city of Nanital we have now reached the gorgeous city of Ooty in southern state of India called Tamil Nadu. Known as the "Queen of hill stations" this is the most popular and favorite holiday destination of people all around the world. Situated at an altitude approximately 2,240 meters in the Nilgiris also known as the "blue mountains". It is famous for its tea plantation and is an ideal place for many movie shot. The maximum temperature noted during summer here was 750F lowest being 46oF. It is an Ideal place for a vacation cause of its beauty and green deep valleys that calms you to the core of your soul.
08. Reaching the western region of India we have our number eight, "The city of strawberries" Mahabaleshwar is one of the few evergreen forests of the world this city is favorite honeymoon and tourist spot for people for over a decade. Located approximately 1,438 meters above sea level it is a plateau in state of Maharashtra. It is also one of the most famous site for pilgrimage of Hindus and site of Mahabaleshwar temple. It is famous for its honey and strawberries production, it is said it has perfect climate for the production of strawberries and mulberries so if you want the real taste of the fruit and are ready to go to strawberry fields you can visit this city. the place you should look forward to in this city is Venn lake it is surrounded by trees on three sides, you can either paddle your boat through the lake or ride in a horse along the lake you are going to enjoy every second in this city.
07. The district of Kodagu on the slopes of the Western Ghats in south-western region on the state of Karnataka occupies out number seven spot. Located on a slope its lowest altitude is 900 meters above sea level and peaks up to its highest of 1,715 meters above sea level. Known for its coffee and orange plantations it is a city with serene and beautiful views.It is richest agro-forest in the world with over 270 species of shaded trees inventoried. This city is mostly used for agriculture the major crops grown here are paddy, cocoa,coffee, teak, para rubber, black pepper, cardamon, vanilla and is also famous for its forest honey. It has three wild-life sanctuaries and one national park some of the most famous animals found here are Asian elephants, Tiger, leopard, dhole, gaur, boar, and several species of deer. One of the richest district of India it is a perfect vacation spot for nature lovers.
06. Going to south we reached a place full of beauty and landscaped beautifully by lakes, hills and forests. Located 1,450 meters above sea level the city of Munnar also known as "Land of three rivers". Its salubrious climate and scenic beauty makes it a great holiday destination. A small hill station in state of Kerela is known for its tea gardens all across the world. It is one of the leading spot of tea export of the country. If you are visiting this beautiful hill station just a small piece of advice. Don't forget packing your camera :)
05. When visiting India, the district of Kodaikanal also known as "Princess of hill station" or the literary meaning of its name "Gift of the forest" is one of the most suggested name to visit. Established in 19th century this plateau is at an altitude of approximately 2,133 meters in the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India. Meadows and grasslands cover the hillsides and gigantic eucalyptus trees and shola forests flourish in the valleys. There are many high waterfall and ubiquitous gardens and flower beds in bloom. One tip if you are visiting Kodaikanal, just check out kodaikanal's bakeries fir its yummy delicious pastries and savouries.
04. Going to top of the country we have now reached the northern India. The city that made out on our number four is none other than the summer capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir it is Srinagar. Located on both sides of Jhelum river (a tributary of Indus) this is one of the most ideal place to spend your summers, its renowned 'Dal Lake' which is so beautiful that it is referred as "Heaven on Earth". This city is approximately 1,585 meters above sea level. Most famous for its houseboats and traditional Kashmiri handicrafts and dry fruits. If you want to go bird watching you are at right place city of Srinagar has varieties of migratory birds during summer. With its mild temperature and heavenly beauty this city is worth a visit during summers.
03. At number three we have one of the most beautiful city of India Manali. Located over 1,900 meters above sea level this city is one of the most importan city in northern region as it serves as junction for roads leading to Kashmir. One of the coolest and most beautiful place in India surrounded by beautiful landscape of mountains, lakes, waterfalls and rivers it is also considered most favorite Honeymoon spot for newly weded couples. Tourists who with to tavel to remorte hilly areas have to pass through this beautiful city.
02. At number two we have the capital city of Himachal pradesh Shimla just 250 kms away from Manali this capital city is my personal favorite due to its most famous Apple trees. Reaching Shimla a 2hrs journey on a toy train passes by in a moment its scenic beauty and cold temperature makes you forget all your worries. Located approximately at and average height of 2,205 meters above sea level this city is famous for its tudrobethan and ne-gothic architectural buildings dating from colonial era. This city is surrounded by forests of pine, deodar, oak and rhododendron. Being a wonderful city with pleasant climate and breathtaking beauty it is a must vist city of India.
01. Moving towards east we get our board leader "One of the fortified palace" of India itsSikkim located in himalayan mountains this state shares borders with Nepal and is one of heighest state in India ranging from altitude of 208 meters to 8,585 meters above sea level. The cold temperature and serene beauty along with adventure sports like Trecking, Mountaineering, water rafting, Yak safari, hang gliding and diversity in flora and faun all across this city makes it the Ideal location to spend your summers.
Hopefully I was able to make it interesting and beautiful, There are a lot more places to visit in India this list was my personal favorite top 10 so it can change from person to person...If you are still sitting in house wasting your vacctions just pack your bags and get out to explore some beauty.. If you are visiting any place this summer anywhere in world just let us know by creating a hub.