100 Reasons Why You Should Travel
1. You can speak and learn another language.
2. You will get to know a different culture.
3. You will become more open and spontaenous.
4. You will have better job perspectives.
5. You will become more tolerant and understanding towards anything that's 'different'.
6. You will try new food.
7. You can try a new sport that you might not find that often in your home country.
8. You will get to know foreign music and dances like Cumbia in Argentina or Forró in Brazil.
9. You will become more organized because in a foreign country, you are lost if you don't do some planning in advance.
10. You'll get to know your limits when dealing with difficulties regarding visa regulations and residency permits for instance. Your patience and endurance will be put to the test.
11. You will try out new fashion products and styles.
12. You can do a safari!
13. You can holler with the natives at a match in New Zealand.
14. You can do something crazy that you would never do in your home country like wear really colorful clothing like in Brazil.
15. You'll find out lots of things about your home country that you didn't know before. When you are abroad, people often tell you things about your country's history and culture and seem to be much better informed than you are. You'll be amazed.
16. You learn that your own culture can be pretty strange too.
17. You will see people from all over the world of all colors, sizes, hair styles, voices and makeup.
18. You will try a temporary job like treeplanting in Canada or extinguishing fires in South Africa in a national park.
19. You will get new facebook contacts.
20. You will find new friends from all over the world.
21. You will drive automatic or with a gear shift, automatic is more common in the US, gear shift is more common in Europe.
22. You might kiss a foreigner and think: wow, that's amazing!
23. You will eat meals at different times. In countries like Spain or Argentina, people have dinner really late.
24. If you are looking for the love of your life, you might have the chance of meeting him/her abroad. Sometimes, foreigners can be extremely charming and you might find them a lot more interesting than men/women from your own country.
25. You'll get interesting stamps in your passport.
26. You'll find out that your home country isn't as bad as you think in many ways.
27. You'll get inspired by foreign food and recipes and might develop the habit of eating more healthily.
28. You can see amazing architecture from ancient times.
29. You can let go of your everyday stress and relax.
30. You'll see some of the most amazing beaches in the world.
31. You can collect cool souvenirs.
32. You'll have amazing pictures to show to your friends and family when you get back (and on Facebook of course)
33. You'll understand what "poor" really means, when you travel to third world or developing countries.
34. People will compliment you on your language skills or comment on your cute accent.
35. You'll get tan.
36. Your view of the world will change.
37. You'll gain self-confidence.
38. You'll talk to the natives in a foreign country and see their perspective of the world.
39. You'll be invited for lunch or dinner and taste the local food as prepared by the real locals.
40. You'll be inspired to travel even more.
41. You'll lose some weight from all the sightseeing and walking up and down flights of stairs in museums, castles, churches and other buildings.
42. You'll get plenty new ideas for your blog articles.
43. You'll develop your photography skills.
44. You can go hiking in the mountains with magnificent views of the surrounding landscapes.
45. You can discover the Rocky Mountains on horseback.
46. You can watch a movie in a foreign language when you go to a movie theater abroad.
47. You can drink tomato juice on the plane.
48. You can create an Out Of Office Message.
49. You can go scuba-diving and see amazing underwater eco-systems.
50. You can learn to surf, sail, jet-ski or do another water sport.
51. You can try out a Finnish sauna.
52. You'll have interesting stories to tell when you get back.
53. You can learn to ski or snowboard.
54. You don't have to get up early.
55. You can spend a day relaxing by the pool and sip cocktails.
56. You can visit a sanctuary for endangered species.
57. You can see the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, such as the Great Pyramid of Giza.
58. Traveling might push you in a certain direction or make decisions easier.
59. You'll find out your purpose in life.
60. Create unforgetable memories.
61. You can finally risk something.
62. Attach less importance to material possessions.
63. Learn about other religions and philosophies.
64. Traveling can teach you things that books can't.
65. You can volunteer in a national park.
66. You can escape your daily routine.
67. You can fight depression.
68. You can go to the floating movie theater in Thailand.
69. You can learn to use a foreign currency.
70. You can visit the Hobbits in New Zealand.
71. You can buff up your CV when you get back.
72. You'll get better at geography.
73. You'll be able to say one day that you didn't miss out on anything.
74. You'll become more courageous.
75. You'll become more independent and mature.
76. You'll teach others something about your culture and way of life.
77. You can support eco-tourism.
78. You can become a better person.
79. You'll think globally and act locally.
80. You can see the most beautiful waterfalls in the world.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Ecotourism on Madeira
Many people come to Madeira every year to go hiking in the mountains and forests. Madeira is a paradise for nature lovers and those interested in leaving behind a minimum carbon footprint will find what they are looking for in Madeira, a destination
- Tigre: A Gem in Greater Buenos Aires
You will be fascinated by the top attractions in Tigre, Buenos Aires, and even more by the beautiful, picturesque cabins inside the Tigre Delta, which are unknown to most tourists. The Tigre Delta offers the Mercado de Frutos, great boat tours, water
- Visiting the Brazilian Tropical Island Ilha Grande
A beautiful paradise can be found on Ilha Grande, a Brazilian tropical island in the Atlantic Ocean. You can go trekking, scuba-diving, swimming and observe exotic animals. Find out more!
81. You'll become more humble.
82. You'll realize that money doesn't give you happiness.
83. You'll start to think it's ok to be different.
84. You'll simply have fun.
85. You can visit markets with tropical fruits and vegetables and fresh seafood.
86. You can celebrate Carneval in different countries.
87. You'll be shocked in many ways.
88. You will learn how important it is to protect the environment.
89. You'll make charitable donations.
90. You'll be more creative.
91. You'll be thankful for all you have.
92. You'll lose your fears.
93. You'll feel free.
94. You can relax in a hammock.
95. Traveling gives you new ideas.
96. You'll be able to heal.
97. You can sleep in a tent.
98. You'll be able to adapt to new circumstances more easily and become more flexible.
99. You might decide to raise your kids to be bilingual.
100. You'll worry less.