10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Peru
Peru is located around the central portion of South America and is known as the basket of civilization for all of South America. Peru dates back into antiquity and is fun and interesting place to explore . Here are some fun facts about Peru that you may enjoy
1. Peru itself is one of the top twenty largest countries in the world and is populated by over 30 million people.
2. The country has a very diverse religious presence most are catholic, Greek Orthodox and Baptist.
3. The main language that is spoken in Peru is Spanish.
4. The main source of employment in Peru is of manual labor trades such as mining and fishing. Trade is very important, because the country has a rich collection of natural resources that make it unique in South America.
5. The culture of Peru is one that is traditional Spanish but the native Indians of Peru have managed to keep their historic traditions alive and well and is seen throughout Peru.
6. Besides Brazil Peru is the only other country in south America currently to have a literate population above 90% their schooling system is second to none
7. The national health care system in Peru is also the best in South America most people can expect to have a long life well into their 70s.
8. The national sport of Peru is Football (Soccer)
9. The largest province in Peru is Lima
10. The largest tourist attraction in Peru is Machu Picchu. It has an annual tourist visitation rate of over 2 million people a year.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...
- Peru & Peruvian People, Culture and Values
There are many reasons why Peruvians have been naturally divided since pre Columbian times. There are many natural boundaries between them from the deserts along the western coast line to the formidable Andean sierra mountains that rise nineteen thou
- Poverty in Peru
Perus Economic situation and performance is rated among the best in South American countries. But, the level of poverty remains extremely high among the rural population.
- Fun & Interesting Facts on Peruvian Culture
There are many ways to enjoy and immerse yourself in this wonderfully diverse country in South America. Peru lies in the west of South America, bordered by Ecuador, Columbia, Brazil, Bolivia and Chile, with the Pacific Ocean on the west. You will fin