- Travel and Places»
- Visiting North America»
- Central America
20 Fun & Interesting Facts About Belize
1. Belize is one of the best places for shark viewing the best times to go are during the raining season of April – July.
2. Belize has a rare breed of howler monkey that is known as one of the top ten loudest animals in the world
3. The locals in Belize have created some unique names for its natural wonders including Owl eye butterfly, the Swallowtail Cattle Heart Butterfly, and the Red Footed Booby Bird, and the False Vampire Bat.
4. Belize’s main source of revenue with almost 2 million visitors to this tiny Central American nation annually from around the world.
5. The average temperature for the coastal areas of Belize is between 79 to 89 degrees. This is an all year temperature. Since, Belize has only two temperatures with only two wet and dry seasons
6. Belize has the only known jaguar preserve in the world it is located in the cockscomb Wildlife sanctuary
7. Belize is one of the richest Mayan history locations with over 900 historic locations.
8. Belize is roughly only 180 miles long and 68 miles wide. It is a small but sparsely populated country outside the cities because of the protections it has in place for the natural wonders that are within its borders
9. Belize has such a dense population it is one of the most populous in the world for its size
10. Outside the Belize mainland is one of the world’s natural reefs known as the Belize natural reefs with 200 separate islands.
11. The waters off Belize are known to inhabit more than 400 species of subtropical fish. They are also some of the rarest varieties of fish due to them inhabiting the natural reefs off the coast.
12. Gibnut is famous cuisine in Belize it is actually a very popular rodent in Belize. Just because, it is a rodent, does not make it a delicacy. Many places serve it, and it kind of taste like tough chicken
13. One of the most popular places for home stays while traveling in Belize is in the Mayan village of Toledo
14. Belize has over 500 distinct varieties of birds more than any other country in the world
15. 2/3 of the Belizean natural forest is safe from exploitation due to strict government regulation
16. It is culturally rude to greet someone by their first name when meeting them for the first time in Belize. Always use the proper sur names names when meeting and greeting until you become familiar
17. Superstition on Good Friday prevents Belizean natives from swimming in lakes or the ocean during this time for if they do it will not provide good fortune
18. The national motto of Belize is “Under the Shade, I flourish”
19. Local superstition folklore includes a 3 foot evil dwarf with no thumbs. It is referred to locally as el duende, it is known to hang out in the local forest and looks for kids who try to kill the local wildlife and punishes them for their evilness.
20. Typical Belizean lunch include tamales, meat pies, seafood, cassava or beans and fish.
- 5 Fun & Interesting Places to Visit in Belize
As well as the great barrier reefs that Belize is famous for, its history as a country is well documented.
- Top 3 Reasons to Visit The Great Barrier Reef, Belize
There is a unique place in this world that is like no other. This place is covered in exotic plants, animals, and breathtaking natural views. It is a place that is able to take your breath away in one swoop that if in this lifetime you get a chance t
- Legends of Belize -- La X’tabai Folklore
Legends of Belize
- 7 Reasons to Visit Belize
There are many ways to enjoy this wonderfully diverse country in South America. Belize is a small country just south of Mexico’s YucatanPeninsula. Belize is bordered by Mexico and Guatemala and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...