20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Italy
1. One of the most famous cities in the world is Rome, Italy. Providing thousands of years of history, traditions, and culture.
2. Rome, Italy is the largest city in Europe having more people that live in the city than any other city in Europe. There are an estimated 10 million people in the city of Rome as of the last national census in 2010
3. Italy is considered the boot of Europe. Mainly because of the shape of the country is in the shape of a boot.
4. Italy is an unusual country that is situated right tin the middle of everything. It is surrounded by 6 countries and 5 separate seas. Making it a central trading post, for thousands of years.
5. Italy has a persona as being one of the most romantic cities in Europe. Many of it themes are centralized around providing newlyweds from around the world a romantic escape they will never forget.
6. Italy has been a very inventive country. They were the first country in the world to introduce the world to the thermometer and the thermostat.
7. Wine is considered essential to every meal the average Italian consumes up to 26 gallons a year
8. One of the worst epidemics in Italian history was the Bubonic Plague killing up to one third of population in the late 14th century.
9. Italy has a unique national treasure in many animals. None so more than the Blue Bird. Which the governing body decided, in 1950, to make the national bird.
10. Mont Blanc is the highest point in Italy located in the Alps. Which are still considered the highest mountains in Europe.
11. University of Bologna, founded in 1088 is the oldest university still teaching today. They are considered one of the top universities in the world for philosophy and technology.
12. Italy has introduced the world to many of the fine arts that mankind has treasured. Nothing more treasured then Opera. Opera was first sung at the coliseum during the times of the Romans and continues to be popular throughout the world.
13. The majority of old world art is in Italian museums
14. Italy was the first country in the world to assist people with their eyesight. They were the first to invent the eye glasses.
15. Italy is such a popular destination for travelers they have more hotel rooms than any other European country
16. Everyone knows that Italy’s most popular dish to eat and serve is pasta along with many of the famous pasta dishes including pizza we love today
17. Italy’s national sport is soccer. Soccer is taken very seriously in Italy and has resulted in the fans causing riots after a game they have lost.
18. Italy consist of 20 different regions or states along with 6 separate islands
19. Rome is the capitol to the catholic religion in the Vatican. However, Italy does practice freedom of religion it is highly discouraged in Rome.
20. The Vatican holds hundreds of secrets not available to the general public in the Vatican archives some more then 1000 years old
- 10 Fun & Interesting Facts About Rome, Italy
By Kadmiels There are many interesting aspects to Rome Italy and a lot of fun facts too. So sit back listen and you might just learn something about this interesting and historical city of Rome Italy. For example did you know that Rome was originally
- Things To Do on Vacation in Abruzzo, Italys Central Region
In this central region of Italy is Abruzzo slowly becoming a very popular destination with tourist. A lot of people from the Americas and Europe are making this destination the new place to be to get away from it all. There are wonderful villas with
- Fun & Interesting Facts about the Culture in Italy
There are many reasons why Expats pick the countries that they are moving to. A lot of it has to do with the attitude of the person maybe they have visited there in the past and like the lifestyle associated in that country.
- Places to Tour in Venice, Italy
Italy contains some of the greatest wonders of the world. Including some of the most historic and wonderful cities that man has built upon the earth. One of the greatest and most romantic cities that Italy has is Venice.
- Fun & Interesting Vacation Ideas for Italy
If you are planning a vacation and you want to go to somewhere unique has lots of history and beauty. Then I would suggest planning your trip to Italy. A trip to Italy will stay with you for eternity one where you are not surrounded by Bermuda short
- Top 5 Fun & Interesting Places to Visit in Rome Italy
Top 5 Fun & Interesting Places to Visit in Rome Italy