20 Fun & Interesting Facts about Japan
1. The country of Japan is made up of many smaller islands that surround it. It lays claim to about 6000 total islands that surround the main island of Japan.
2. The Japanese government is highly selective of the prime minister and can only be appointed by the legislator not the people.
3. Japan uses an array of 4 different type of writing systems in schools and secondary education. This writing system is to compliment the wide variety of systems in place from north to south Japan.
4. In the Japanese educational system it is customary for students in middle and high school to wear specific uniforms. This helps take care of the issue that American schools face with specific clothes, styles and other competitive images. It helps Japan create an atmosphere of higher learning instead of a focus on material images
5. Japanese kitchens do not normally include conventional ovens most have no ovens at all. This is because most meals are cooked on hot plates or even open fires for better traditional taste.
6. The first Japanese emperor was enthroned in 1192 Yortomo. He was the first in a long session of emperors to conquer many of the lands that surround Japan
7. In Japan you can purchase unusual items from vending machines city wide.
8. Japans islands are covered in mountains almost 70% total. Making Japan one of the only countries in the world to face the challenge of mountain infrastructure building.
9. The major religions in Japan consist of Buddhism by the Japanese government allows religious freedom
10. The red circle in the Japanese flag is representing the sun
11. The population of Japan is roughly 129 million people and it has one of the most congested cities in the world Tokyo
12. Japan is centered in the pacific Ring of fire and has too concentrated its building efforts in making their buildings earthquake proof.
13. Japan is the largest consumer of rain forest timber in the world. Many of the traditional Japanese buildings are built with the timber from the rain forest of brazil and other tropical areas.
14. You must wear special bathroom slippers while going to the bathroom to prevent contaminating the rest of the home
15. When bowing in japan to others as a greeting beware there have been reports of fractured skulls from those who have
16. Japanese consider different types of meat a delicacy for example horse meat. They have a wide variety of other meats including dog, donkey, and other animals that are considered a delicacy.
17. Blowfish are the most deadly fish in the world it can take a Japanese cook many years to be considered a bow fish chef
18. Geisha means "person of the arts" and the first geisha were actually men
19. In the past to show reverence or that someone is sorry they will shave their head in repentance
20. Japans most popular sports are Sumo Wrestling and baseball which America introduced o them after World War 2
- The Cost of Living in Japan
There are times in life when an adventure is the only way to go and one of those adventures can be working in a foreign country.
- Finding a job in Japan
Everyone has the dream of working and living in a foreign country but not everyone has the ability to do it. One of those countries that expats seem to flock to is the country of Japan.
- 5 tips to picking up Japanese Woman
Being a foreigner in a new country can be very difficult as it is and not knowing anyone can sometimes be worse. Her are 5 tips for visitors or expats in japan that would like to make some friends.
- How Long Does it Take to Learn Japanese?
The Japanese language is a rich and historically wonderful language. Most expats or travelers to Japan find that knowing a little bit of Japanese while you go there is very beneficial. So how long does it take to learn Japanese?
- Welcome | ExpatCrossing.com
Welcome to ExpatCrossing. com!This is newest website dedicated to the Expatriate Community. If you are moveing international, transitioning oversea...