Entertaining Places To Go in Alabama
Heart of Dixie
Sweet Home Alabama
We are truly blessed in our state of Alabama to have diversity and beauty. I hope that this will be a tiny glimpse of things to do in Alabama for very little money and most of these places that I have listed to visit, can be done in one day. I love this state and I hope to always call it home. If your a person who loves the outdoors then you would like Alabama also.
I have always looked at The State of Alabama as a place of true amazement, beauty, respect and love. We have everything from mountains, to beaches with beautiful National Parks along the way. You can find lots to do for nightlife as well.
If you are from Alabama or have ever visited Alabama please share with me your favorite thing to do by leaving comments in the box located at the bottom of this article.
Fun Day Trips for Alabama
1. Helen Keller Home, Tuscumbia, AL:. Visit the birthplace of an amazing woman who was deaf and blind. Her name is Helen Keller. She overcame great obstacles to become an amazing woman.
2. Splash Adventure Water Park, Bessemer, AL.: This entertaining place includes water rides, lazy river, large wave pool, water slides, a water maze. Shops, arcade games, and old timey pictures and different eatery places are also in the park.
3. Botanical Gardens & Birmingham Zoo, Birmingham, AL: The Zoo features a train ride around the park and a petting zoo. This lets you get up close to some select animals. The Botanical Gardens located across from the Zoo feature some of the rarest flowers and most beautiful scenery you have ever seen.
4. Big Spring Park, Tuscumbia, AL: This is a very large park that has a large man-made waterfall, a train ride that takes you around the parameters of the park, a small roller coaster, and a carousel ride. There are plenty of shade trees, picnic tables, swings and slides and a great area for the kids to run and play. Bring your picnic basket with your favorite lunch and you can eat at one of the many picnic tables. Don't forget the lawn chairs to stretch out in after you eat, while the kids are playing.
5. The U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL: The Rocket Center gives you a glimpse into science and technology. Space Camp is also available for the kids who want to really get some hands on experience.
6. Alabama Music Hall of Fame, Tuscumbia, AL: This museum features song writers, groups, individual acts and memorabilia from all music genres. If you are a music fan, this is a must see for you. You can even walk through the group Alabama's tour bus. It is truly neat to see how they live on the road.
7. Birmingham Museum of Art, Birmingham, AL: A place of magnitude. The museum usually has a free exhibit that you will be allowed to view or their may be a small fee to see the "featured art" at the museum. The museum also will bring in different collections from time to time for the public.
8. Huntsville Botanical Gardens, Huntsville, AL: A very neat place for grown-ups and children alike. There is usually a "theme". At Christmas the whole gardens are decorated with lights and you are able to drive through the gardens to view the lights. One theme has been bees and bugs. Different classrooms around the area were given a wooden cut out of a bee and each one decorated their bee and sent it back. There were some very creative bees. The bug part was handled by the gardens and their were life size grasshoppers, a praying mantas and ants to name a few. Don't forget to walk through the butterfly sanctuary while you are there.
9. Barber's Motor Sports, Leeds, AL: What an amazing place.This place is like a museum. It houses everything from bicycles to cars, motorcycles, trucks. You name it, it is here. Plan to spend several hours as there are several stories of vehicles that you will want to spend time and look at each one. Also, you are able to view the race track and the day I went they were racing cars around the track. Each person was in a Porsche.
10. Desoto Caverns State Park, Childersburg, AL: The park features a cave tour with the length of the cave measuring the length of a football field. The park also features rides, activities and a gift shop are located here. Although food is served here, you are also able to have a picnic lunch at the park. This is a very large park that you can bring your entire family to. Great for picnics and other outdoor activities. You can take your time and wander around the park and take part in all the activities of the park.
Alabama Crimson Tide
Which is your favorite?
Which would you rather do while visiting Alabama?
Gulf shores, Alabama
McWayne Science Center
Where is it?
view quiz statistics
Mini Jerusalem: Ava Marie Gratto
Links to Alabama
- Mini Jerusalem in Alabama
This particular hub was written after 2 trips to Cullman, AL, to the Ava Maria Grotto. This is not a bad drive considering this particular Landmark is in Alabama and kind of close to me. This hub will explain each individual work of art and his inspi
- McWayne Center: Hands on Learning
This article is about the McWayne Center and I Max theater located in Birmingham, Alabama. Pictures, you tube videos, polls, maps and commentary are highlighted in this blog as well. Hands on science learning is what you get with a trip to the scienc
- Oak Mountain State Park
This article is about Oak Mountain State Park located in Hoover, Alabama. It has swimming, fishing, boating, grilling, hiking, camping, paddle boats and much more. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are also highlighted in this hub
- The Stardome Comedy Club
This article is about the Stardome Comedy Club in Hoover, Alabama. This club features food, comedy and a bar. Some of the funniest comedians in history have performed here. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are in this blog.
- The Real Bat Cave: Desoto Caverns Park
This article is about DESOTO Caverns state park located in Childersburg, Alabama. this park has a huge cave with stalagmites and stalagtites. The park has small rides and games as well as food, hiking and a gift shop. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube
Birmingham Zoo: Trails of Africa
Thing's To Do at The Birmingham Race Course
Watch Live a Dog Races
© 2012 Buster Johnson