5 Reasons Why Traveling is Much Easier, and Hassle Free Nowadays
Travel—As a good teacher
I belong to that age group that did not have access to the Internet, during my growing up years. I remember going for vacations during Summer season with my family.
Although, they were well planned, comfortable trips, but they can not be compared, to the ease and comfort, with which travels are planned these days.
Why should we Travel?
Although, most of the teaching and learning takes place in the classrooms, there is no doubt that travelling broadens the mind, and enlivens the spirit.
- People often read books, magazines or newspapers or search on the Internet, to know something about the outside World.
- But this can not be compared to seeing places with one's own eyes.
- Apart from the historical and natural sights, travelling makes it possible to meet people from different cultures, learn about their culture, customs, traditions and food habits, their modes of dressing up, their language and so many other details.
- This changes a person's perception and outlook, can lead them to become more open minded and tolerant, towards other human beings.
- Traveling removes prejudices and helps to build universal goodwill, and positive feelings, for fellow human beings.
- When you travel to different countries, you start thinking like a global citizen. You feel more enlightened, towards the problems and issues, of the World at large.
People who don't travel cannot have a global view, all they see is what's in front of them. Those people cannot accept new things because all they know is where they live.
5 Reasons, Why Travel Has Become Simpler Than Earlier Times
Anyone can travel, whether alone or in group, whether old or young. Because communication and technology has simplified our lives.
1. Increased connectivity through well maintained roads:
There was a time, when some of the most beautiful places of Nature were inaccessible, through roads. But the advancement of infrastructure, has resulted in better and well connected roads and highways and expressways.
That means, we are able to visit the beautiful hillsides, the natural waterfalls, holiday spots surrounded by the Mother Nature, with much ease.
Moreover, accessibility to these places, has been assured, by well organized transport system, well built and connected roads, with all modern amenities.
Traveling with family, by road, is full of fun and excitement, because you can find well maintained hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, clean washrooms etc. all along the highways and expressways.
2. Better information system and abundance of options:
Browsing on your Internet, you can find the cheapest and the most affordable way to travel. Whether you choose to travel by road or railways or by Air.
You can simply make your choice and select the price, that is the most affordable and convenient for you, and fits your budget.
You can choose the dates, airlines, trains and even the routes, from the so many private and government operated travel websites.
I remember, how painful it was earlier, to stand in a line, and wait for your turn, at the ticket window. And sometimes, face disappointments also, when the tickets were not of our choice.
Now, all this can be arranged, while sitting in the comfort of your home.
You can understand the geographical details, the climate, the food, and other necessary things, through Internet, and reach your destination, fully prepared accordingly.
3. GPS (Global positioning system):
GPS or the Global Positioning System, is a revolution and a blessing, at least for the people, who are not very good in navigating, if they are traveling to a place for the first time.
Earlier, if we wanted to visit some place, within our own country or some foreign country, we needed to do lot of research for a long time, may be for days, to know which roads to take, where to stay etc.
I remember, carrying maps and compass, whenever we were traveling. Even then, we had to ask the local people, at various points, to reach our destination.
With mapping applications, and the feature of GPS in our smartphones, it is much easier and convenient, to reach our destination.
4. e-tickets: So Easy to Carry
Earlier, I remember checking my hand bag many times, to ensure that my travel ticket was in place, and that I have not lost it or dropped it somewhere.
The paperless ticket system, has made it so easy and convenient.
You can save your electronic ticket, in your mobile phone, to show the concerned authoritie, when asked, and even take a print out, at the airport, if it is so required.
5. Traveling need not be expensive:
Most of the travel websites, provide impressive discounts, in travel season, and even otherwise, if you are a frequent traveller.
You just have to explore the many possibilities. These travel websites also provide discounts, on hotel bookings, cab bookings, or sightseeing.
Just get in touch with a good, reputed and registered travel website, and they will plan your entire trip, with every detail according to your budget and preference.
Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. ~~~Francis Bacon
- When you travel within your country or abroad, you realize that people all over the World are the same, irrespective of their food habits, their culture, their religion, their language etc.
- They may be doing things differently, eating differently, dressing up differently, but anything which makes you happy, will make them happy too, and anything which makes you sad, will make them sad too.
- Traveling definitely enriches, and broadens our outlook. And as travel in today's World has become easier, we must make the most of it.
Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable.
Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay.
The journey changes you, it should change you.
It leaves a mark on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and on your body.
You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.
Some of the popular travel agencies in India
Cox and Kings---------http://www.coxandkings.com/
Travel guru ---------------https://www.travelguru.com/
Travel is a teacher!
How to book e-ticket for railway journey source: You tube
Plan your travel with Google maps source: You tube
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan