5 Reasons Why Traveling is Much Easier and Hassle Free Nowadays
Travel as a good teacher!
© Chitrangada Sharan Oct. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
I belong to that age group that did not have access to the Internet during my growing up years. I remember going for vacations during Summers with my family.
Although they were well planned comfortable trips, but they can not be compared to the ease and comfort with which travels are planned these days.
Why should we Travel?
Although most of the teaching and learning takes place in the classrooms, there is no doubt that travelling broadens the mind and enlivens the spirit.
- People often read books, magazines or newspapers or search on Internet, to know something about the outside World.
- But this can not be compared to seeing places with one's own eyes.
- Apart from historical and natural sights, travelling makes it possible to meet people from different cultures, learn about their customs, traditions and food habits, their modes of dressing up, their language and so many other details.
- This changes a person's outlook and can lead them to become more open minded and tolerant towards other human beings.
- Traveling removes prejudices and helps to build universal goodwill and positive feelings for fellow human beings.
- When you travel to different countries, you start thinking like a global citizen. You feel more enlightened towards the problems and issues of the World at large.
People who don't travel cannot have a global view, all they see is what's in front of them. Those people cannot accept new things because all they know is where they live.
5 Reasons Travel Has Become Simpler Than Before:
Anyone can travel, whether alone or in group, whether old or young. Because communication and technology has simplified our lives.
1. Increased connectivity through well maintained roads:
There was a time, when some of the most beautiful places of Nature were inaccessible through roads. But the advancement of infrastructure has resulted in better and well connected roads and highways and expressways.
That means we are able to visit the beautiful holiday spots surrounded by Nature with much ease.
Moreover accessibility to these places has been assured by well organized transport system, with all modern amenities.
2. Better information system and abundance of options:
Browsing on your Internet, you can find the cheapest and most affordable way to travel. Whether you choose to travel by road or railways or by Air.
You can simply make your choice and select the price, that is most affordable and convenient for you.
You can choose the dates, airlines, trains and even the routes from the so many private and government operated travel mediums.
I remember how painful it was earlier to stand in a line and wait for your turn on the ticket window. And sometimes face disappointments also, when the tickets were not of our choice.
Now all this can be arranged while sitting in the comforts of your home.
You can understand the geographical details , the climate , the food and other things through Internet and go to your destination fully prepared accordingly.
3. GPS (Global positioning system):
This I consider a blessing, at least for people who are not very good in navigating.
Earlier, if we wanted to visit some place within our own country or some foreign country, we needed to do lot of research for a long time, may be for days to know which roads to take, where to stay etc.
I remember carrying maps and compass, whenever we were travelling. Even then we had to ask the locals at various points to reach our destination.
With mapping applications and the feature of GPS in our smartphones, it is much easier and convenient to reach our destination.
4. e-tickets: so easy to carry
Earlier I remember checking my hand bag many times, to assure that my travel ticket was in place and I have not lost it or dropped it.
The paperless ticket system has made it so easy and convenient.
You can save your electronic ticket in your mobile phone to show when asked and even take a print out at the airport if it is required.
5. Travelling need not be expensive:
Most of the travel websites provide impressive discounts in travel seasons and even otherwise, if you are a frequent traveller.
You just have to explore the many possibilities. These travel websites also provide discounts on hotel bookings, cab bookings or sightseeing.
Just get in touch with a good, reputed and registered travel website and they will plan your entire trip with every detail according to your preference.
Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. ~~~Francis Bacon
- When you travel within your country or abroad, you realize that people all over the World are the same, irrespective of culture, religion, language etc.
- They may be doing things differently, eating differently, dressing up differently, but anything which makes you happy will make them happy too and anything which makes you sad, will make them sad too.
- Travelling definitely enriches and broadens our outlook. And as travel in today's World has become easier, we must make the most of it.
© Chitrangada Sharan 1st Oct. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Most popular travel agencies in India
Cox and Kings---------http://www.coxandkings.com/
Travel guru ---------------https://www.travelguru.com/
Travel is a teacher!
How to book e-ticket for railway journey source: You tube
Plan your travel with Google maps source: You tube
Other related hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- The Holy Site of Buddhism : Bodh Gaya, The Buddhist ...
Bodh Gaya is considered to be the most important Buddhist Pilgrimage. The pious, ancient Maha Bodhi temple, the Maha Bodhi tree is spread all around, covering a huge area. Explore the magical heritage.
- Holiday at Italy: Must visit places- Rome, Vatican C...
The classical western civilization, has its foundations in the ancient cities of Italy, Rome, Florence, Tuscany, Pisa and Venice. Italy has rich culture, art, architecture, majestic churches, monument
- How To Plan a Family Travel : 10 Tips and the Check...
Are you planning a travel along with family? Some essential things you must keep in mind before setting off, to avoid inconvenience at a new place. Don't forget your travel insurance, medicines, maps.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan