- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
5 Ways to Keep Romance Alive when you Travel Often for Work
Do you have to travel often for business? Many people find that this is a wonderful experience but it can put a huge strain on their relationships. This is especially true when you’re first getting serious in a relationship – a time during which people really want to spend a lot of time together. However, it can be rough during any stage of a relationship; the mom who is always stuck at home with the kids while her husband travels for work is a classic example of this. So how do you do all of the traveling that you need to do for business while still keeping the romance alive in your relationship?
Here are five ideas that can help:
1. Take your partner with you. One of the best ways to keep romance alive when you travel often is to take your partner along with you on your trips. This allows you to spend time together. Although you’ll be busy a lot at your destination doing your work you’ll have time together on the flight, in the car or at the hotel. As long as your partner is independent enough to occupy himself or herself during the day then this is a great option. Spending time in new destinations is definitely romantic and it provides a break from the routine. Notably this can be costly since business travel doesn’t usually pay for partners but it’s a nice thing to do now and then when you can.
2. Send romantic postcards, cards and even letters when you go away on vacation. Many business travelers don’t bother to do this because they know that they’ll probably get home before the mail even arrives. However, this is a nice thing to do and it gives your sweetie a stack of mail to go through when she is home alone and missing you the next time that you’re away.
3. Bring back a gift from every trip. There is no reason that the gift needs to be expensive or fancy. In this case it truly is the thought that counts. If your partner collects something (like ties or mugs or golf tees) then get one from every destination. Otherwise try to find a silly, sweet, simple gift to present to your sweetie when you return back home.
4. Use your phone frequently while you are away. Send sweet little text messages all throughout the day to let your partner know that you miss him or her when you two aren’t together. Take photos of interesting things throughout the day using your camera phone and MMS it to your partner. At the end of the day, call home; yes mobile phones are still used for long conversations even in the high tech world of today!
5. Create a special ritual that precedes and follows each business trip. This is a great little trick that couples can use to make each business trip a thing to look forward to instead of a thing to dread. An example would be that the night before each business trip you go on a special dinner date and the night that the person returns you exchange long backrubs. These little things are your special ritual so do what makes sense for you as a couple.