50 Things To Do In California.
My boyfriend and I at Yosemite National Park.
50 Awesome MUST-DO's of California from a girl who has done it all, living here for 19 years, not in any particular order:
- Go to Venice Beach, get some cheap goods, like sunglasses or shirts! The sidewalkers will entertain you too! Check out the people who are daring enough to get tattoos or piercings!
- Check out Olvera Street in LA, get some authentic Mexican food and a sombrero while you are there!
- Walk the "walk" of the Hollywood Walk of Stars.
- Visit BEAUTIFUL Catalina Island - go scuba diving, canoeing, zip-lining, snorkeling, biking, you name it. Stay for a day or two.
- If you have kids, you know you cannot miss Disneyland + California Adventure...expensive, I know, but the hopper pass may be worth it. :)
- San francisco! Ride the trolleys - go to Ghiradelli Square - Oh! Check out Fisherman's Wharf, as well.
- Check out a professional baseball game! You can go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game, a San Diego Padres game, or a San Fransisco Giants game.
- Santa Monica! Ride the ferris wheel or other roller coasters on the famous pier or do fabulous shopping on 3rd Street Promenade.
- Check out the beautiful coasts of Eureka and Humboldt County!
- Go to a UCLA or USC football game. Whichever you prefer ;)
- Surf in Surf City, USA (aka Huntington Beach) - if you aren't up for surfing, try renting a bicycle or go shopping at all the neat carts on Main Street.
- Go houseboating at beautiful Lake Shasta! Don't forget to check out the Shasta Caverns while you are there - awesome place!
- See where all the government takes action up in Sacramento!
- Go to a game for the world championship team (two years running) for basketball - LAKERS!
- Visit the Long Beach Aquarium and the famous Queen Mary.
- Like hockey? Never seen a game? It is an exciting thing to see! Try going to a Ducks or a Kings game, depending whether you are in Anaheim or LA.
- Go on the San Jose Bike Party bicycle ride! 2000-4000 riders ride about 15-30 miles throughout the South Bay every third Friday of the month from 8pm til midnight.
- YOU NEED TO GO TO YOSEMITE ! Most beautiful - natural - place in California. Camping is unbelievable too. Reservations are hard to get though so good luck!
- Visit the California Science Center! Admission is free - parking is not.
- Great Foods you must try: Pink's Hot Dogs (FAMOUS) in Hollywood. Phillipes - French Dip Sandwiches in LA (Chinatown), and Tito's Tacos in Culver City - best tacos ever. I would also recommend In N Out Hamburgers and the Coffee Bean - mostly only in Ca. can you find these places.
- Visit the adorable town of Slovang, Ca. in Santa Barbara County. This wine country is too adorable to believe you are still in California! Looks very old-fashion European.
- Check out the famous and beautiful Hearst Castle.
- Drive through the famous grape-vine (near Bakersfield).
- Concerts! Coachella, EDC, - only in California! Also be sure to check out: The Hollywood Bowl, The House of Blues (Hollywood), the Greek Theater, and The Pantages Theatre.
- Check out Newport Beach, Balboa Island - go fishing! Take a $1 boat ride. :)
- Go to the Santa Cruz Park! Ride the famous roller coaster. Eat fattening foods!
- Napa Valley, like to wine?
- Beverly Hills, is that where you want to be?! Livin' in Beverly Hills...
- Go camping in the small beach town of Carpenteria. Spots go quick though, while you are there, check out Robataille's candies, yumm...
- Bike ride along the Golden Gate Bridge!
- Go to Pacific Beach, San Diego or go downtown and try the famous Extraordinary Desserts... pricey, worth it? You decide. Mine was good.
- Go golfing in style! PALM SPRINGS!
- Go snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain! Or go in the summer, it is beautiful year around!
- Kayak in the caves of La Jolla, so neat. :)
- Check out the hot springs near Mammoth Mountain, closer to Bishop, and when you do get to Bishop, you must eat at Schats Bakery! Best there is. I promise.
- Beautiful Laguna Beach, live like the rich do - for a day!
- Eat at Paradise Cove, in Malibu... So romantic and has the best chocolate cake - to die for. MUST EAT.
- Check out the backlots at Universal Studios. It is a must-see tour.
- Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain for thrill and Hurricane Harbor for those hot California summers.
- Legoland - can you believe it? Everything is made of legos!
- Sea World, see Shamu, ride the Journey to Atlantis - and even swim with the dolphins!!!
- Go to Big Bear, Summer or Winter, this lake and mountain near Lake Arrowhead has great people, fun, and views!
- Want to be treated like royalty? Go to the Pebble Beach resort by Monterey and Carmel, California. (near Santa Cruz, I guess) This golf resort might possibly have the best views in the country.
- Go to Belmont Park in San Diego - home of the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, look this place up online, there is so much fun for the whole family here!!
- Go to the Getty Center for beautiful art from all over the world and see an amazing view of Los Angeles. Be sure to check out the Griffith Observatory as well.
- Take a cruise along Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) - just pray there isn't traffic!
- Go to Alcatraz, the famous prison in San Fransisco, really spooky but interesting jail that is open to the public, check it out. Not to be missed!
- Be apart of a live studio audience on shows like: So You Think You Can Dance, Jeapordy, Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal, etc.
- Go clubbing - dance until you drop - in Hollywood, so many clubs - for average prices, too.
- Live like the rich and shop along Rodeo Drive or just see their imitators along Sunset Blvd. Don't forget to get a great shot of the Hollywood Sign. :)
I hope this list was awesome. I have had an incredible time doing all of these crazy things in California, living here for the past 19 years of my life. I hope you do too. Enjoy.
Thanks for reading, xoxo