Top 3 Midwest Theme Parks to Visit this Summer
3: Adventureland USA
This park, found just east of Des Moines, Iowa is the location for millions of Midwest thrillseekers every year. In 2010, Adventure Bay water park was added and is being expanded every year. 2012's new addition is Breaker Beach, a 25,000 sq foot wave pool (The website assures you it's "Iowa's largest").
- Regular (10+)..........$39
- Child (4-9)...............$33
- Seniors (65+)..........$33
- Children under 3 are FREE
- Parking fee is $7 per vehicle
- Groups of 15 or more can save up to $19.75
- Groups of $50 or more only charge $25/person
- The park is smoke free so you and your family/friends can breathe safely
- There are over 20 different places to get food and drinks
- The gorilla mascot, Gilda, carries a caged prisoner but if you offer her a banana, she will free her
Adventureland USA Website
- Adventureland Amusement Park (Des Moines, IA) : Home
Adventureland USA is Iowas largest and most complete family resort. Over 100 rides, shows and attractions including the country's most exciting roller coasters and thrill rides. Campground and hotel.
A trip through Adventureland (Footage from 2011)
2: Worlds of Fun
Located near Kansas City, Missouri this park is fun for everyone and also includes Oceans of Fun. WOF has 7 action packed roller coasters, including the Mamba (205 feet off the ground). The park is big but a little walk never hurt anyone. There are 9 live shows that offer entertainment to everyone from toddlers to adults. OoF has 13 different water attractions that vary in "thrill rating" from Low Thrill (1) to Aggressive Thrill (5).
- Regular..................$39.99 Online and $44.99 at the Gate.......OoF: $27.99 and $29.99
- Junior/Senior(<48in/62+)$19.99 Online and at the Gate.........OoF: $17.99
- Parking..................$12.00 Online and at the Gate
- Children 2 and Under are FREE
- The park is based on Jules Verne's book "Around the World in 80 Days".
- The Prowler (wooden roller coaster) was named "Best New Ride in the World" for 2009 by Amusement Today
- The park is non smoking except for designated areas
- Children can meet the Peanuts characters in the Planet Snoopy area
Wolds of Fun Website
- Kansas City Amusement Park - Ride On & Slide On! | Worlds of Fun
Come check out the one and only Kansas City Amusement Park around! Come to Worlds of Fun to ride on & slide on all day long! Enjoy the day with us!
New Ride for May 2014!!!
1: Six Flags St. Louis
Six Flags of St. Louis (near Eureka) features 33 rides in the theme park. Hurricane Harbor has 8 water based attractions. Six Flags offers live shows and events such as concerts. The Looney Tunes are joined by the Scooby Doo gang to provide entertainment for children. Around Halloween, the park hosts Fright Fest (presented by SNICKERS).
- General Admission...............$39.99 Online and $49.99 at the Gate
- Children Under 48 inches....$36.99
- Groups starting at.................$21.99
- Children Under 2 get in FREE
- One Day Parking is $15
- The Mr. Freeze roller coaster shoots off at 70 mph, loops, and sits you 226 feet in the air...then drops you backwards to the beginning
- Smoking is not allowed except in the designated areas
Six Flags St. Louis Website
- Six Flags St Louis
Welcome to Six Flags St Louis, an amazing theme park featuring awesome rides, great shows, and incredible attractions, plus Hurricane Harbor waterpark free with paid park admission!