99 Reasons I Love Canada
I Love Canada
I love Canada. I am an unabashed patriot, and nothing will change that. Why do I love Canada, you ask. Well, let me count the ways. In no particular order or logic, here are ninety-nine reasons that I love Canada. This is my list, and I make no apologies for it. If you love Canada, too, then you will have your own. If you've never been, then consider a visit. We are that big piece of land located right above the USA. We are the True North, strong and free. I love Canada, and I am Canadian!
There are probably 1000 more reasons to love Canada, but these are 99 of mine.
Guide For Moving To Canada
This is the definitive guide for moving to Canada, and then living and working there. Practical information designed to carry through immigration, and then the first months of your life there.
Map of Canada
Visit from the Queen -- 2010
Storm in the Rocky Mountains
Bob and Doug explaing Canadian Geography --- I apologize for the beer bottles, but this is so funny!
Wakaw Lake, Saskatchewan
Anne of Green Gables
Northern Lights in Fort McMurray
99 Reasons That I Love Canada
- One square kilometre of land for every three people
- Tim Horton's coffee
- The wilderness -- we still have lots of it
- Visiting the other side of Canada is like going to a foreign land
- Getting to read the cereal box in two different languages
- A whole T.V. channel dedicated to politicians bickering
- Snow angels
- Place Names that come from Aboriginal languages
- Mukluks are a fashion statement
- Newfies -- salt of the earth, and they've transplanted all over Canada
- Northerners -- last of the true individualists
- The Yukon: a true gem of untouched beauty
- Driving for miles across the prairies
- The Alaska Highway (It's named after Alaska, but it's mostly in Canada)
- The Rockies
- Easy geography classes: we only have ten provinces and three territories
- Excellent education system
- Lots of immigrants -- this is the place people from all over the world want to come to!
- Many different cultures -- we can visit the world from our doorstep
- The Government apologizes for past mistakes!
- Our constitutional debates: who else argues about one clause for months?
- Good governance
- Visits from the Queen
- The First Peoples
- An almost peaceful history
- Lots of room
- Calgary rocks
- Vancouver's incredible
- Toronto is impressive
- Bob and Doug Mackenzie
- Intelligent population
- When spring comes, we appreciate it
- Our iced tea is sweet!
- The weather is a legitimate topic of conversation
- Toques -- you can only get them here
- Coffee Crisp ... Only available in Canada!
- Affordable university tuition
- Fresh water!
- Our streets aren't scary
- We're so small, we tend to fly under the radar on the world-wide scene
- We're less pushy than some other countries
- We let everyone come here, and do their thing. Even if they wouldn't do the same for us.
- Ketchup chips ... Only here.
- Brown Bears
- Polar Bears
- So many trees
- So many lakes
- So many rivers
- Majestic mountains
- Coasts on three oceans
- Second largest country in the world
- Largest prosperous country in the world
- Free trade
- Stephen Harper: I'm so proud of him. What an intelligent, reasonable man.
- The Veterans who made us so proud
- Aboriginal people who have fought in all the wars, with an astounding war record
- Official recognition of rights of Aboriginal Nations embedded in our national constitution
- No one ever won between the French and the English: we just compromised!
- Gorgeous sunsets
- Every landscape imaginable, all in one magnificent country
- National Parks
- Anne of Green Gables
- Hockey rinks
- Cars that plug in
- Snowball fights
- Skating and hot chocolate
- Sound of crickets
- The sound of Canada Geese flying back from their holiday in the South
- Great HGTV shows like Colour Confidential and Property Virgins
- We spell colour and neighbourhood the right way
- We are proud of our British roots
- Wearing a maple leaf on your backpack means people treat you well in other countries
- Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis
- It's more mellow here
- West Edmonton Mall
- We love to make fun of ourselves
- We love to make fun of people who don't know anything about us
- Terry Fox was one of us
- Avril Lavigne
- Gordon Lightfoot
- Lenord Cohen
- Arctic Rangers
- The change of seasons
- Incredible beauty
- The bush
- The North
- Miles of prairie
- Sound of a train whistle blowing in the night
- The CBC
EyeWitness Travel Guide to Canada
This is the best travel guide you can get for travelling to Canada. What makes this series superior to other travel guides is the quality of the photographs, the wealth of practical information, and the detailed maps of every city.
So these are my reasons for loving Canada. When my sister and I come back into Canada, we breath a sigh of relief, and say, "It's good to be back." We might complain about our country sometimes, and wish that some things were different, but I can't think of any place in the world that I would rather live. We might not have the history of the Europeans, or the status of the Americans, or the technology of the South Pacific, but what we do have is lots of space, lots of class, and lots of things that make us unique. We have imported major amount of talent to Hollywood, and many of the world's best bands and singers are from here. I am proud to be a Canadian, and love my country. I don't have to be an American to want to cry when I hear the National Anthem. I get goosebumps when I see that Canadian film on Remembrance Day, and I love hearing sly references to Canada on American T.V. programs. I have given my reasons to love Canada. What are yours?
More on Canada
- Five Facts About Canada Everyone Should Know
Five facts about Canada that everyone should know. First of all, we DO NOT live in igloos!
- Rosebud, I Dream Of Thee
A cultural centre in the middle of farmtown, Alberta. How did this place come to be and what does it offer?
- Land of the Dinosaurs ... A Trip to Drumheller.
A trip to Drumheller is full of surprises, and one of them is finding a desert paradise plunked down right in the middle of miles of flat prairie.
- Canada: Land of A Thousand Places
A compilation of quotes about Canada, from the First Nations people, to immigrants to modern day Canadians. Also contains beautiful pictures of Canada.
- Best Place to Live: Oh Canada!
A wonderful website that tells all about this great country.
- Best Places to Live in Canada
I'm a freelance writer. Contact me about services. Fees vary. Read the blogs Living a Life of Writing, and Things about Transylvania.and my...
- I Love Canada, True North and Free
More love of Canada for you.