- Travel and Places
A Guide to Vacationland- Outdoor Activities in Maine for Kids and Adults
Where to Go in Maine
Even growing up here hasn't made me appreciate Maine's beauty any less. Maine's nature is full of wonder and amazement. My favorite thing to do is adventure in Maine, and I still haven't seen everything it has to offer.
Fun Facts About Maine
- Mount Katahdin is the state's highest point. (at over 5k feet above sea level)
- Augusta is the most eastern capital city in the US.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (poet) was born in Portland, Maine.
- Freeport, Maine is home to L.L.Bean
- Maine lies farther Northeast than any other state.
- The Maine state bird is the chickadee
- The Maine state insect is the honeybee.
Activities and Adventures for Families
Formally known as the Gray Animal Farm. My favorite place as a child and to bring my children now. http://www.maine.gov/ifw/education/wildlifepark/
A must see in Maine! http://www.portlandheadlight.com/
A hike with awesome rocks and minerals!
Most Popular Fairs in Maine
Parking free in 2012! http://www.cumberlandfair.com/
All about organic, natural health. http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/tabid/135/Default.aspx
Most Popular Festivals in Maine
Try the ice cream! Trust me! http://www.moxiefestival.com/