Activities to Do in the Winter Time in Quebec City, "The Winter Wonderland"
Top Winter Activities in Quebec City Area
Living in Quebec myself, I have come to adjust to the cold winters and have learned to love the enormous amounts of snow we get here.
If you are visiting, traveling through or even living in Quebec, you won't want to miss out on these top winter activities.
- Skiing or Snowboarding (See: Mont Sainte Anne, Stoneham, Massif du Sud and Relais)
- Tobogganing (See: "Village Vacance Valcartier" or "Glissades de la Terrasse")
- Ice Hotel "Hôtel de Glace" (See: "Village Vacance Valcartier")
- Indoor Waterpark (See: "Valcartier Bora Parc")
- Quebec Winter Carnival (See: Bonhomme Carnaval de Québec)
- Sugar Shack (See: "Entailleur Inc Cabane A Sucre")
- Visit Old Quebec "Vieux-Québec" (See: "Fairmont Le Château Frontenac")
- Visit the market "Le Grande Marche" (See more info here)
- Outdoor Spa Experience (See: "Siberia Station Spa")
- Ferry Tour (See: Quebec City-Lévis ferry "Société des traversiers du Québec")
- Visit Montmorency Falls Park (See: "Parc de la Chute-Montmorency")
- Snowshoeing and Cross-country Skiing (See: "Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier- Sépac")
- German Christmas Market (See: "Old Québec/Vieux-Québec")
- Snowboard and Freestyle Ski World Cups (See: "Jamboree")
- Ice Skating (See: "Place D'Youville" and " Le Chalet des sports et la patinoire de Shannon")
Remember to bundle up since temperatures here can get below -24°C/-11.2°F during the winter season.
Even if You Don't Ski or Snowboard, Everyone Still Enjoys the Breathtaking View
Accommodations During Your Stay In Quebec City
If you are looking for places to stay in Quebec City, check out my recommendations below.
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
- Le Bonne Entente
- Hôtel Château Laurier
- Hôtel du Vieux-Québec
- Auberge Saint-Antoine
- Hôtel Manoir Victoria
- Les Chalets Alpins Stoneham, Quebec
- Hotel Manoir d'Auteuil
- L’hôtel Le Germain Québec
- Hôtel-Musée Premières Nations
- Hôtel Alt Québec
You could also check out CanadaStays or Airbnb to find alternative accommodations.
Ultimate Guide to Quebec
Check out the website for Quebec City Tourism/ Office du tourisme de Québec:
How Do You Get Used To The Cold Weather
A lot of people ask me "How do you deal with the winters there? It is just way too cold!" Well, to put it simply, you just have to adapt. Like every change in life, you have to learn how to be a chameleon and integrate yourself whole-heartedly.
It is important to come prepared though. I recommend packing a winter coat that will keep you warm and cozy in up to -20C° weather, just to be on the safe side! Warm wool socks are also a must, especially if you do not have proper winter waterproof boots.
At first the cold may be a shocker but it sure beats sitting inside, watching Netflix all winter long. You just have to embrace the change in temperatures and get active!
Bonhomme Carnaval- Quebec Carnival
Traveling with your furry friend, no problem! We have activities for that too!
Quebec City is great for accommodating your furry companion.
Not only can you find pet friendly accommodations, but there are so many places to walk your pets if they need a good walk or socializing with other dogs.
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac
- Hotel Port Royal
- Hotel Pur Quebec
- Hôtel Champlain Vieux Québec
- Parc canin de la Pente-Douce
- Dog Park Pointe-aux-Lievres
- Parc Canin Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures
- Canyon Saint-Anne
- Parc Canin Shannon
Come Visit the Winter Wonderland
Best Buys for the Canadian Cold
Warm Hands = Happy Hands!
© 2018 QCmom