Beach Vacation: Gulf Shores, Alabama
Have You Ever Been?
Have You Ever Been To Gulf Shores, Alabama?
Things to do at the beach
There are many activities that can be done while visiting Gulf Shores. You do not have to do each of these each time you go but, here are some ideas that might make your stay at the beach more fun.
1. Shopping: Be sure to visit the Tanger Outlet in Foley, AL. This outlet mall has many stores from cooking stores (that have anything imaginable), clothing (for the entire family), pet stores, purses, shoes, make-up, perfume, specialty food stores that have one of a kind items and many more. There's a Starbucks in the parking lot of the outlet when you first enter the outlet. In addition to the outlet mall, there are stores in Foley, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores where you can buy souvenirs from the beach. Shopping is in abundance here. Search the tour guides because there are plenty of specialty shops that are scattered around the city.
2. Cooking: A favorite activity of my family's in particular, is to get some fresh shrimp and a few groceries and cook at the room. That particular night, we will play Mexican Dominoes or another game together. We laugh at each other and have a great time. Everything that you cook at the beach, tastes different. I know when I am at the beach, my whole attitude is different. I try not to be on a schedule while on vacation and I try to be flexible with whatever everyone else wants to do as well.
3. Swimming at the pool: If you don't want to get into the sand but, would like to get in some water, a great alternative is the pool. Most of the places to stay at in Gulf Shores have a pool for the guests to swim in. It's fun to lay out in the sun or splash in the water to cool off. This is great if you have smaller kids. Some accommodations may have a kiddie pool as well. It is a nice change to get off the beach, and lay out by the pool.
4. Amusement park: There are two put-put golf courses in Gulf Shores. One of the courses in particular, is linked to an amusement park that has a place to bungee jump, ride go carts, as well as a water slide. Kids and adults alike can be entertained for hours at the park. This is a great time for family fun at the park.
5. Deep Sea Fishing: If you have a sense of adventure, I would suggest deep sea fishing. With the Gulf of Mexico in front of you, deep sea fishing may be an activity you want to try. Guided tours are given and some room packages include a deep sea fishing trip. I went alone with the package that came with our room and I just made some friends while on the trip. This is a very fun activity if you do not get seasick. Some of the people that went with us were pretty green. If your someone who loves boats then you are sure to love this trip even if your not a fan of fishing.
6. Eating out: Of course one of the things that you will do on your beach vacation is EAT OUT!! There are too many restaurants to mention but, there are some great, great places to eat. Word of mouth is usually the best way to find that perfect spot. Ask the local people where they like to go and eat. They may tell you about a small restaurant off a beaten path that might turn out to be your new favorite place to eat.
7. Listening to music: A very relaxing activity while at the beach, sitting by the pool or even just relaxing in your room. Music can change moods and alter your feelings.
8. Sunning on the beach: This is a very popular thing to do. Most everyone will either bring a chair or umbrella, blanket or towel and sit at the beach all day. There are chairs that can be rented each day but, they are a little pricey. It is fun to watch the children play, look for shells and make sand castles.
9. Reading a book: This can be done beach side, at the pool or in the room. There's something about the crashing waves of the ocean while reading. It is very relaxing. With the lulling of the waves and sun a nap is sure to follow.
10. Beach volleyball: A great activity if you have a group of people to play with you. This is also great exercise to work off those extra pounds that you may gain from all the good food that you will be eating. Also, playing badminton, frisbee or even beach ball can be very entertaining.
Destination: Gulf Shores
Where is it?
view quiz statistics
Location of Gulf Shores
Gulf Shores, alabama
Gulf shores, Alabama
- Islands of Adventure: Orlando, Florida's Premier Amusement Park
This article documents Islands of Adventure Amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Spiderman are featured in this blog along with Pictures.
- Places To Go in Alabama
This article is about different places to go and things to do in Alabama. Desoto Caverns, The Hellen Keller House, Splash Adventure and the Alabama Music Hall of Fame are featured in this hub. Pictures, polls, you tube videos, maps and commentary are
- Universal Studios: Night Life
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. City Walk is located in the center of the two Theme Parks. It has Bob Marley's Rasta club, Hard Rock Hotel and Cafe and Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville. Pictures, videos, polls, maps, a quiz a
- SeaWorld Adventures
This article is about SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida. A water park, Dolphins and other sea creatures are documented in this Florida hub. Pictures, videos, polls, maps and commentary are listed in this blog as well.
- Cocoa Beach Florida
This article focuses on CoCo Beach which is located between Orlando and Cape Canaveral, Florida. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are listed in this blog. The beaches are sandy white and the atmosphere is relaxed.
- Glass Bottom Boat Trip
This article is about being on a Glass Bottom Boat, which is an amazing experience. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are featured in this hub. From the bottom of a glass bottom boat you get to see everything deep under the water.
Fun in The Alabama Sun, Baby!
Whether you like the beach or the night life you will find both in Gulf Shores. The beach is always fun for the, laying in the sun and also for fishing and playing volleyball. Other favorite beach activities include looking for sea shells, walking and/or running, swimming in the ocean, looking for sand dollars, making sand castles
The night life is always happening especially during the summer.
© 2012 Buster Johnson