Best Thrill Rides in Amusement Park History
Scariest Thrills In America
Have You Ever Rode One?
Have you ever rode a scary Amusement park ride?
DisneyWorld on DVD
Amusement Parks for Thrill Seekers
Keep in mind that this list is for all other thrill rides besides roller coasters.
There are so many people that like to ride these rides and the scarier the better, for some people. The higher, the faster, make some people beg for more.
Roller coasters are always at the top of the list as far as thrill rides in general and I have an article for roller coasters as well. If you love roller coasters, be sure and click the links below to check them out.
This hub however, is referring to all the other heart pounding rides besides roller coasters. There are many factors that determine whether or not a ride becomes classified as a thrill ride. One of the first qualifications is speed and height but, there are other factors as well. The ghosts on Tower of Terror are just as scary as the drop itself. Not to mention, space mountain is more frightening because of the music and special effects more so than it's speed or height, like you would think.
1. Dr. Doom's Fear Fall: Located at Island's of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. In this ride, based on the Fantastic Four, you will be launched from 0 to 150 feet then spiral back down faster than the speed of gravity. Having visited The Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando five times and would love to plan on going back again. You can see the entire park and more when the cart shoots up into the sky.
2. Texas Titan: Located at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas. This ride is almost just like the Goliath at the Atlanta, Georgia Six Flags. You go strait down a two hundred forty five foot drop and then go under a tunnel for 100 feet or more before stopping. The first hill is literally straight down.
3. Maxair: Located in Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. This ride slings you like a pendulum at seventy mph while you rotate clockwise reaching one hundred forty feet in height. You turn so much that you never know which direction your going. This ride gives you the feeling that your going to swing loose and fly out into the sky.
4. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Located at Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida. This ride features ghostly figures and a scary intro by Rod Serling and then your elevator at this hotel does a one hundred ninety nine foot drop. A scary preshow especially the spirit bellhops they appeared before you eyes at the elevator ride which then made the drop that much more frightening.
5. Space Mountain: Located in Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Music plays the entire time on this indoor steel coaster. You will have the feeling of being in space as you rocket past stars, asteroids and constant strobe lights and musical tunes. The ride gives the impression of being in another galaxy.
6. Arachnophobia: Located in Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia. This ride reaches two hundred feet in the air before tilting forward and dropping. The ride is scary because it is floor less and you fall face first when the tower drops.This ride is so tall it can be seen from the interstate. You can see everything in the park on the way up and nothing but the ground on the way down.
7. Delirium: Located at King's Island in Mason, Ohio.This Frisbee ride swings you side to side while rotating in a complete circle. The ride goes nearly seventy miles per hour and swings one hundred thirty seven feet up in the air. You will twist upside down while swinging which is an adrenaline boost.
8. Drop Tower: Located at King's Dominion in Doswell, Virginia. This tower is one hundred seventy four feet tall which is very tall indeed. The dropping speed is seventy two mph but, feels like ninety as it contorts your face. It surprises each time on the drop so you never know when it's coming which is unique for repeat riders.
9. Insanity: The Ride: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is nine hundred feet in the air and spins you off the age of the tower hotel at forty five miles per hour. A must ride on the Las Vegas strip as you get a bird's eye view of the city streets below. This ride makes you feel like your going to crash into the hotel.
10. Wind Seeker at Knott's Berry Farm: Located in Buena Park, California. This one is not for those that are scared of heights. It reaches three hundred and one feet in height and spins with a true G Force at forty miles per hour. Most definitely the scariest ride at this park.
* Please feel free to leave your thoughts about your favorite thrill rides at the bottom of this page in the comments capsule.
The Texas Titan
Location of Kings Island
Amusement and Theme Parks
- Top Amusement Parks in America
This article documents the best Amusement parks in the United States. Six Flags, Kings Island, Disneyland, Universal Studios and Cedar Point are highlighted in this hub along with you tube videos, pictures, a poll and quiz, maps and commentary.
- Islands of Adventure: Orlando, Florida's Premier Amusement Park
This article documents Islands of Adventure Amusement park located in Orlando, Florida. The Incredible Hulk, Dueling Dragons and The Amazing Spiderman are featured in this blog. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in
- Best Roller Coasters in Amusement Park History
This article focuses on the top thrill rides from amusement parks from all over the Unted Staes. Rides from Six Flags, Universal Studios and Disney World are featured In this hub. Pictures, maps, you tube videos, polls, a quiz and commentary are also
- My Trip To Six Flags over Georgia
This Amusement park article describes Six Flags in Atlanta, Georgia. The park has several roller coasters including: The Ninja, Goliath, Mind Bender, Batman and the Georgia Scorcher. Pictures of rides, videos of the park, a map and poll and commentar
- Orlando Florida's Universal Studios
This article is about Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. It has around twenty rides based on Universal films. Jaws, Back-to-the Future, Shrek 4-D, Terminator 3D, Men In Black and The Simpson's are all featured in this hub. Pictures, you tube vide
Tower of Terror/ Twilight Zone: DisneyWorld- Florida
Dr. doom's Fearfall: Islands of Adventure- Florida
© 2013 Buster Johnson