Best Tucson Vegetarian Restaurant: Lovin' Spoonfuls
There really are only a few totally vegetarian restaurants in Tucson, so it is not like there is much competition to be called the Best Tucson Vegetarian Restaurant. However, Lovin' Spoonfuls really does deserve that distinction and it is not just a minor default designation for being a little better than the rest. Rather it really is a great vegetarian restaurant because not only is the menu 100% vegetarian, but it is 100% vegan.
A Few of Lovin' Spoonfuls Food Menu Highlights
There are plenty of great tasting items on the menu, but here are a few of the highlights at least in my opinion.
- French Toast - One might think you would have to give this luxurious breakfast up as a vegan, but it can still be made deliciously without animal products.
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito - A great vegan version of part of the local cuisine.
- Dolmas - I have loved this rice stuffed grape leaf dish every since I had them homemade when I was in Turkey at age 11. Lovin' Spoonfuls version is not only satisfyingly good, but close to be as good as those.
- BBQ Beef Burger - This burger is made vegan by using mushroom based "beef."
- Asian Rice Bowl - Great mix of Asian veggies on brown rice with a ginger citrus sauce.
- Garden Veggie Platter - Good mix of grilled veggies served with brown rice.
- Old Country Lasagna - This is made with mock sausage (personally I hate most fake meats because I do not even like most meats in the first place, so I prefer this not in the lasagna) and vegan cheeses.
Lovin' Spoonfuls Gluten-Free Highlights
I personally do not care too much about gluten-free, but I do think it is great when restaurants like Lovin' Spoonfuls care and make a genuine effort to have a wide variety of options for those that follow a gluten-free diet. Lovin' Spoonfuls gluten-free friendly menu is almost as extensive as their regular menu. Below are some highlights.
- Gluten-Free Homestyle Waffles
- Home Fries
- Portobello Griller
- Santa Fe Platter - green chili polenta with vegan cheddar and tomato basil sauce
Lovin' Spoonfuls Drink Menu Highlights
Lovin' Spoonfuls is not only a great place for food, but they have some great drink menus including some nice unique stuff.
- Lovin' Spoonfuls Tea - They have there own special spice blend of naturally decaf tea. It is served hot and cold.
- Organic Soy Milk Shakes - They have a quite a few flavors of these, but my favorites are the chocolate peanut butter cup and lemon creamsicle.
- Chocolate Soy Milk - Great for kids
- Hot Apple Pie Rum - Warm apple cider, cinnamon, and rum
- Rum Smoothies - They make all four of their regular smoothie flavors (Strawberry Sunshine, Stella Blue, Tropical Dream, and Orange Mango Creamsicle) into alcoholic rum smoothies.
Best Tucson Vegetarian Restaurant