Best Water Parks in North Carolina
Some of the best water parks in North Carolina include wet 'n wild, boomerang bay, ray's splash planet, jungle rapids, silver lake, fantasy lake water park, great wolf lodge and white water lake. Feel free to vote for your favorite water park in the poll section below. Also, don't forget to post your experiences at these water parks or other water parks in the comments section given at the end of this article.
List of best water parks in North Carolina:
1. Wet 'n wild water park:
Wet 'n wild water park is one of the best water parks in North Carolina and is located on south holden road, Greensboro. It is an outdoor water park and offers plenty of things such as rides, slides, kiddie slides, waves, rivers, pools and snack areas. It has 36 rides such as tube ride, raft ride, body ride, open slide ride, bowl ride and enclosed slide ride. The park has separate zones including thrill zone, fun zone and kids zone. The water park is open from may through september. Admission charge for adult is $34.99 and season pass is $54.99. Corporate tickets and group discounts is also availbale.
Attractions in wet n wild water park:
- Happy harbor and splash island - It is a kids playground with water sprays, fountains, kiddie slides, floating toys and zero depth pool.
- Thunder bay - Gigantic wave pool contain two million gallons of water and offers a 84 foot wide tsunami waves.
- Leisure lagoon - It is a non swimmer zone.
- Twin twisters - It is an enclosed body slide and has 350 feet of twist and turns.
2. Boomerang bay:
It is carolina's best amusement park and located on Charlotte, NC. It offers wave pool, lazy river, body slides, tube slides, family raft ride, water play stations and activity pool. Other facilities include live entertainment and dining. Admission to the water park and theme park is $44.99 per person. They have a special discount for seniors, groups and people who arrives after 4 pm.
Highlights of boomerang bay water park:
- Bondi beach - It is a largest wave pool in North Carolina.
- Crocodile run - It is a 1000 foot long lazy river straddles both north and south carolina.
- Aussie twister - It is a dark and thrill ride offers in a enclosed slide.
- Down under thunder - This family raft ride offers a group fun.
3. Jungle rapids:
This outdoor water park is located on Wilmington. The water park provides many water funs for kids. Other non water activities in jungle rapids include glimmer art tattoos, go karts, arcade, jungle golf, kids jungle and laser tags. Water park admission cost is $31.99 for adults, $24.99 for children and season pass for $125 per person.
Water activities in jungle rapids:
- Million gallon wave pool - It offers continious waves in different heights.
- Lazy river - It is an endless river for great relaxation.
- Kiddie splash - It is a shallow playpool with mushroom fountain, small slides and nice play structure.
- Jungle rapids super bowl - Thrilling ride ends with a splash pool.
- Side winder - It is a half-pipe water slide.
4. Ray's splash planet:
It is a largest indoor water park located on Charlotte. It has many water attractions including lazy river, water play ground, multiple pools and water slides. This water park also features a gym and fitness center. This water park is opens year-round. Admission price is $11 for adults, $8 for children and senior citizens.
Rides in ray's splash planet:
- Vortex - It is a swimming pool.
- Orbiter - This small lazy river offers a relaxational trip.
- Moon beach - Kid's play zone with zero depth entry pool.
- Saturation station - This water play ground has small slides and tipping buckets.
- Sea of tranquility - It is a activity pool offers a water basketball and volleyball.
- Blue comet - It offers a thrillest ride for adults.
5. Great wolf lodge:
Another best water park in North Carolina is great wolf lodge and is a 80000 square foot indoor water park located on Charlotte. It has lot of attractions such as whooping hollow water slides, canyon run lazy river, slap tail pond wave pool, chinook cove activity pool and raccoon lagoon and cub paw kids play zones.
Best attractions in great wolf lodge:
- Fort mackenzie - It is in the center of water park and has suspension bridges, swinging cargo nets, treetop slides and soaking spray stations.
- Big foot pass - Kids favorite water walk zone. Floating lily pads and rope facilites are available here.
- Howlin tornado - Most thrilling ride offers four person tube.
Other features include restaurants, spas, arcades, fitness center and children activity area. Cabanas is also available for rental.
6. Silver lake water park:
North Carolina Travel Guide:
It is a outdoor water park for children and offers a spring fed lake for swimming and diving. The park has beast water slide for adults and shallow kiddie area for children. Opens from memorial day weekend to labor day. The entrance charge variess depending upon the packages. It starts from $6.95 to $14.95.
Activities in silver lake water park:
- Rock climbing
- Picnic areas
- Costume animal show
7. Fantasy lake water park:
This outdoor water park has 6 acre clean lake offers pedal boats for family fun. This water park offers plenty of slides including master blaster slide, banana slide and drop slides. It is open from may 19 to september 3. Entrance charge is $14 for adults and $10 for children. Children under 2 is free.
Attractions in fantasy lake water park:
- Tarzan and trapeze swings.
- Fantasy land for kids.
- Jump tower.
- Swimming zone with diving board.
8. White lake water park:
It is located on White lake, offers many water attracions such as pool, river, slide and water play zones. Other features include gift shop, ice cream shop, beach wear store, picnic areas and birthday party rooms. Park admission cost for adult is $14.50 and children is $8.50.
Water rides in white lake water park:
- Double turbo twister slide - It is a 210 foot long water slide.
- Swimming pool - This is around 2000 square foot area.
- Interactive wading pool - This 5000 square foot water area offers kiddie slides, wet deck and dumping bucket.
- Lazy river - 600 feet long water relaxation area.