- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe
Best clubs in Lisbon
If you feel like trying out the clubs in Lisbon, here is my suggestion for the best dance bars around. Let music shine your night and your life! Nightlife in Lisbon normally starts out at Bairro Alto´s restaurants and bars (until 2-3 AM). After that you may descend down to Cais do Sodre and enjoy the smaller clubs around. If that is not enough for you than head down to Santos, Docas, Alcantara or the Lux at Santa Apolonia for into the morning dance and fun.
TOP CLUBS IN LISBON
TOP CLUBS IN LISBON 2010
- 10 - Kapital (Santos) - This 3 floor high disco is a hit among the upperscale portuguese society. The ages of those coming in is somewhere in between 20 and 40 year old. Best on Friday and Saturdays. The music played ranges in between all styles with pop dance and latin american sounds being the most played.
- 9 - Kremlin (Santos) - Progressive house and Trance sounds in through the night. A hit amog those in between 18 and 30 years of age. Great for a thursday night dance party. It used to be a reference in the 1980´s and 1990´s but will still do its job.
- 8 - Jamaica (Cais do Sodre) - This small club is located in the fastest growing entertainment area of the city. Once considered dead in the 1990´s, Cais do Sodre´s clubs have profited from the law that obliges Bairro Alto´s bars to close early. If you are over 30 this is where you want to be. Music ranges from Bob Marley to Rage Against the Machine. From U2 to the Clash.
- 7 - Santiago Alquimista (Alfama) - Live music is the bet here. Some well known bands come by for intimate shows as well as cover bands. About the only decent club in Alfama.
- 6 - Europa (Cais do Sodre) - Another one in the revived area of Cais do Sodre. This one better for the 20-35 year old generation. Features known local and international DJs. Music styles range among Drum´n´Bass and Psytrance.
- 5 - Op Art (Docas) - In the area of Docas. Right on top of the Tagus river is located this glass cube. Some good quality DJs make their way here to inspire the young restless souls. Best if you are in between 20-35 years of age. Some uprising international House and Techno DJs have left their mark here.
- 4 - Docks (Alcantara) - One of the most searched for due to its ladies nights on tuesdays. Sits close to Queen´s (another fine piece of clubbing). Selective entrance at the door so you are guarenteed to have a great night of dancing. Features some selected places for a break and for chatting as well under candle lights.
- 3 - Blues Cafe (Alcantara) - Lounge, Jazz and dance music for those over 30. Beautiful deco and elegance are the themes.
- 2 - The Loft (Santos) - A close number 1. It is becoming the reference of clubbing in Lisbon in the past few years. It is soon to overcome Lux as the best club in Lisbon. A bit of commercial dance music but it still has a lot of friendly followers. Known for its out of this world parties on Fridays and Saturdays.
- 1 - Lux (Santa Apolonia) - By far the most famous club in Lisbon. A reference for great dancing and fun. Overlooks the Tagus River. Make sure you come out to the varandas for a break and inspiration. Three floors of music. Voted as one of the best in Europe.