Chuang Yen Monastery Carmel NY
Chuang Yen Monestery is located in Carmel NY about 1 hour and 15 minutes north of NYC. It is 15 minutes from my house. It is open to the public 9 months out of the year from April to December. Well worth a visit even if you are not particularly religious.
- Sept. 2019
- The largest indoor Buddha statue in the USA, along with 10,000 little buddhas.
- 125 acres of land with woods and water and serenity.
- they serve a tasty vegetarian lunch for $6 donation on weekends.
- they have summer camp for kids.
- they hold meditation retreats around the year.
- they have an extensive library with materials related to Buddhism.
- there is a gift shop with jewelry, and decorations and prayer beads...
- a lake with a walking path around it.
Map of Chuang Yen Monastery
This amazing place is only 1 hour 15 minutes by car from NYC. You can spend a day with your family walking, praying and enjoy nature, enjoy a vegetarian lunch between 12-1 pm. Check their website below for detail schedules. They are closed for the winter from Jan. till March. There is ample parking available.
Some Related Info
- BAUS – The Peace of Mind, The Wisdom of Life.
The Peace of Mind, The Wisdom of Life.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Jack Lee