Cosmopolitan Hotel and Casino Las Vegas Review
The Cosmopolitan Hotel & Casino
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South - Las Vegas, NV 89109
Main: 702.698.7000 | Reservations: 702.698.7575
Check-In / Check-Out
Check in and check out for the Cosmopolitan is standard for many hotels in Las Vegas. The check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am.
You have the option of checking out of the hotel via the television in your room. You can review your bill and all the charges that were placed on your room. With the press of a button, you can check out of your room and you're on your way. The total will be charged to your credit card, and you also have the option of receiving a copy of your bill via email.
We arrived early from our flight, around 9:30am. We were allowed to do an initial check-in. The front desk reception took our information down and gave us our room keys. The friendly lady said she would text us our room number. It was understood that the room was not ready since we arrived earlier than the stated check-in time. But it was very appreciated that we were able to get our keys and go about our business.
Parking is located on-site. The parking garage is unique in that it's located underground below the hotel as opposed to being in a separate standalone structure. There are 5 levels of parking and those levels are quite expansive. The elevator from the parking garage takes you up to the check-in counters / casino floor. This is extremely convenient. You do not need to walk across any bridges or further trek with your luggage. You are also protected from the elements (rain, sun/heat, cold).
A great feature of this garage is that on every level, there is a billboard which displays how many parking spaces are available. Also, above each stall there is a either a red or green light displayed. Green indicates the parking spot is open, while red is indicating the spot is occupied. If the light is blue, that indicates a handicapped space. This is extremely convenient as you can just see where a space is open and drive there instead of driving slowly looking for a spot.
There is paid parking at the Cosmopolitan. If you have a Sterling level player status or higher, parking is complimentary.
Rooms & Types of Rooms
There are the following rooms available:
- City Room: The City Room is available only in the West Tower of the Cosmopolitan. This room comes with 2 Queen beds. Receiving a room like this could face North (towards Bellagio) or South (towards City Center).
- City Studio: The City Studio boasts 630 square feet of space with an over sized living area.
- Terrace Studio: Sliding glass doors welcome you to your very own private terrace with breathtaking views of Las Vegas. The Terrace Studio features 620 square feet of space with a 110 square foot terrace. The bathroom features a whirlpool tub as well as a separate shower. A kitchenette is also standard in this room
- Terrace Studio Fountain View: This room is the same as above, however, with breathtaking views of the Bellagio Fountains.
- Terrace One Bedroom: The Terrace One Bedroom features a sectioned off area for the bedroom by having sliding doors section it off. There's an ample dressing area as well as a large living area with a couch. There are two televisions in this room as well as a kitchenette. This room has a Japanese deep soaking tub.
- Terrace One Bedroom Fountain View: This room is the same as above, however, with breathtaking views of the Bellagio Fountains.
- Terrace Studio Two Queen: This room is the same as the Terrace Studio, but with two Queen sized beds.
- Terrace Studio Two Queen Fountain View: This room is the same as above, but with a view of the Bellagio Fountains.
- Executive Suite: The Executive Suite is idea for entertaining. It features a large conference table and living area. There is also 1 1/2 bathrooms.
- Terrace Suite: The Terrace Suite is huge with 910 square feet of space. There's a larger 160 square foot terrace to enjoy. This room has a 1 3/4 bath as well as a kitchenette. There's a huge seating area and a dining nook.
- Wraparound Terrace Suite: This room features a huge 1,200 square foot living space along with a huge 480 square foot terrace. The terrace offers either views of the North and West, North and East, South and East and lastly, South and West.
- Wraparound Terrace Suite Fountain View: This is the same room as above, but will offer you a view of the Bellagio Fountains.
- Lanai Suite: Imagine a beach house in the heart of the Las Vegas strip. That's what the Lanai Suite is like. This suite features views of the Bamboo Pool with a loft bedroom. There's a private outdoor terrace with a hot tub.
- Two Bedroom City Suite: One of the largest suites available at the Cosmopolitan with 1,615 square feet of space. There is 1 King bed and 2 Queen beds with 2 1/2 bathrooms.
City Room - Chelsea Tower at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Fountain View Terrace Suite Room
Featured Buffet - Wicked Spoon
The Wicked Spoon is the Cosmopolitan's buffet, take a look at the video for some highlights.
Made to order omelettes at Wicked Spoon
Featured Pizza Dive - Secret Pizza
Each hotel / casino in Las Vegas has to have some form of a gimmick that attracts tourists and vacationers. The Cosmopolitan has the following gimmicks:
- Terraces - the only hotel (on the strip) that has a terrace available overlooking the North or South side of the hotel. Wraparound terraces wrap from North to East and from South to West. This offers the guest spectacular views of either the Bellagio Fountains or a view of City Center / Crystals Shopping Complex. Wraparound terraces gives you two directions of views.
- Unique Upscale Feel - this hotel is different compared to others. Part upscale boutique, part classy, part artsy, and part naughty at the same time. Definitely unique in all ways.
- Artful - There are tons of abstract art scattered throughout the property. It's a delight to explore and see the unique forms of art.
- Younger crowd / hipper feel - The hotel tends to attract the younger set that are under the age of 40. It's a place to be seen and to see others. Great place for eye-candy and people watching as well.
Ice Skating during the Winter
Do you enjoy ice skating? The Cosmopolitan has ice skating available during the month of December. Take a look at the video to see an example of what to expect.
Being that this hotel / casino was built in 2010, it uses modern air filtration techniques. While staying here, I noticed that there was a smoky smell, however, not as much as I would have expected. The hotel has a fragrance that they pump into the casino to mask the smell of the smoke, and it does a not bad job of it. It all depends on the day of the week and the time of the day. Take for example Sunday morning. There was absolutely no smell of smoke at all. Perhaps it's because it's in the AM and on a Sunday. Take a Friday night after 8pm, and there will be some smell of smoke, definitely. This should not deter you, however. All rooms are non-smoking and you're allowed to smoke on the terrace. But in the room is prohibited.
Why would you STAY here?
- Literally the Center of the Strip - Offers easy access to Bellagio, City Center, Paris, Miracle Mile Shops, and Planet Hollywood.
- Close to City Center - If you want to visit Aria, Vdara or Crystal's, Cosmopolitan is an ideal place to stay due to the proximity.
- Close to Bellagio - Bellagio is right next door. You can walk there and view the beautiful fountain show. Or, you could view the show privately on your fountain view terrace. You can't, however, hear the music too much. But you still will be able to see the show.
- Awesome Parking Garage - As described previously, the parking garage is one of the best features here.
- Upscale / Trendy feel - If you like a upscale and trendy type of vibe, this is definitely the place for you.
- Terraces for the View - You sure can't beat those terraces with views of the Las Vegas skyline or the Bellagio Fountains.