Denmark Immigration Information for Every One
General Information Of Working In Denmark For Foreigners
Almost every one who comes from other country is freely allowed to work and live in Denmark. But there are situations when one is required to have residence and work permit for Denmark. To be exact, living and working in Denmark depends on individuals "Nationality" and after that his/her "Qualifications".
First let's make things clear, which are:
1. If you are Nordic* Citizen person than you can live freely in Denmark for work or studies purposes.
*Nordic Citizen : Those who come from Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
2. If you have nationality of *EU/EEA Citizenship, or you are Swiss Citizen and you are looking to live in Denmark then you can live there under special regulations.
* EU (Union Citizens) are individuals having nationality of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, U.K, Sweden, Spain, Slovenia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia.
*EEA nationals are those citizens which reside in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The above rules also apply to Switzerland nationals.
For How long Can These Citizens Can Stay In Denmark ?
Union Citzen and EEA can freely stay for upto 3 months, if they are looking for work permit then the length increases to 6 months. If you want to stay more then 3 and upto 6 months in Denmark during which you can look for work/job, you will need Registration Certificate in case for Union/EEA nationality and If you come from any other country other than the mentioned above you will be needing Residence Card.
This comes from my blog which is http://denmarkimmigrationforaliens.blogspot.com/
More on Denmark
You can get a job in Denmark very easily if you fall in the Positive List, What is this positive list ? It's actually number of professions in which Denmark need more workforce. So here is the list, I hope you fall in at least one of the categories.
1. Academic Work
Academic work involves the following professions.
- Assistant Professor ( should be in Natural Science and technology)
- Associate Professor ( same as above )
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Consulting Physician
- Electric Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Financial Controller
- General Practitioner
- Health Economist
- Doctor working in Hospital
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical Consultant
- Medical Specialist
- Ph.D. Specifically in natural science and technology
- Plastic Engineer
- Production Engineer
- School Teacher
2. IT ( Information Technology )
- You can be IT Consultant
- A Network Consultant
- A System manager
3. Management ( The Game )
- Manager of Accounting
- Deputy which is head of institution
- Head of any institution
- Manager of Sales
- Head of Social and Health Department.
4. Religious Worker, Social Worker and Educational Work
- Educator of Social Work
- Social Educator of young, children and those adults which need special attention.
- Social Worker
- Teacher of special education.
5. Marketing, Procurements and Sales Of Products
- In this section you should be a product Specialist
6. Personal Care and Health
- This involves to be a bio-analyst.
7. Tuition and Education needs
- Teacher in education
- Vocational Teacher
So now you know what Positive List Looks like
Let us look at the pay schemes and rules of Denmark for this concern, these are not difficult one's. So let us begin. Those persons which are offered high pay because there job nature is very special and they have special skills to perform it, then in this condition there would be no need of any form of proof of education, you just need the skills here. Other than that if you don't have special knowledge or skill then look at the positive list.
Here are some conditions that you should keep in mind when you are going for Denmark or are in Denmark.
1. It's a must that you should have annual pay of not less than DKK 375,000 which makes US $ 73,783.
2. There must be a written contract of your job, in which there should be mention of salary and the conditions of employment.
3. These all conditions and salary package must be in Danish Rules and law.
4. For doing some special jobs like if you are doctor than you must get Danish Authorisation Certificate, which you can get through Danish National Board of Health. ( DNBH).
5. For duration part if you are job seeking individual in Denmark, if you get hired by any employer in Denmark and you get Temporary Job Contract, in this condition you will be getting benefit of staying in Denmark for up-to 6 more month's.
6. If you get laid off for any reason and in next couple of days you get another job, then you must be applying for new residence and again for work permit.
7. If you got laid off, putting the condition here, that it's not your fault then you get 6 months bonus period of staying in Denmark during which you can do the job hunt in Denmark. Keep in mind that you have to apply for residence for job hunt/seeking.
8. O.K, after looking for days you got a new job now what ? Like I said in above points that you must apply for work permit and for residence, so I hope you are getting the scenario of Denmark working and residence conditions.
9. What if your work permit expires and you are doing the work with company ? In this case apply for extension in Immigration Service office so that your application can be processed.
10. All these applications of work and residence permit can be obtained by applying or sending letter to Immigration Service Office which contains your name, Address, Your Alien Identification Number and your passport of-course.
If you are working with any Denmark Company any where in the world that company has privileges to bring you to Denmark for work and for residence for the time period company wants. So which means you can come to Denmark and go to your home country freely.
Here are some conditions for it.
1. You must document to Denmark Immigration office that you are a full time employed individual working in the foreign department of the company.
2. The nature of your work must be educational or beneficial for the Denmark.
3. If you got there in Denmark through documentations your salary conditions must be in accordance to Danish Rules and Law.
There is a possibility that you can get Green Card during your work period or studies period but you have to qualify for it first. There is point based system for it. Let us get to the point system.
The Conditions For Every One
1. If you want residence as green card holder than you have to get minimum of 100 points to get to it.
2. These points are divided into your education level, experience, age, languages skills etc.
Before going in-depth you need to provide documents that you and your accompanying family have full health insurance up-to the point where then you are covered by Danish Health Insurance. Then after that you must make assurnce that for first one year in Denmark you can support yourself. Which means that you must have recent bank statement in your name.
The Education Level
1. You should keep in mind that every country has it's own academic level of degrees, even if your degree has same title for like MBA, ACCA etc. It may not hold same value in Denmark. So it becomes important that your education level must be assessed by Danish Agency for International Education.
2. If the degree you hold is less then the standard of Denmark's Bachelor's Degree then you will have very less chance of getting a green card.
3. If you are coming from Pakistan and India and you hold a Masters Degree, Danish Agency for International Education will judge your degree as equivalent to 2 years bachelors degree. Sigh :(.
4. If you want to make your assessment good, a good luck chance, make colour copies of your documents and then send them. Some thing which I learned on the way.
5. What Documents you will be needing when you want the Danish Agency to assess your level of education ? All relevant documents of your educational history and these all should be in English and if your documents are not in English then translate them by getting a certificate for it. It's a must you know. For Pakistani individuals keep in mind that documents should be attested by HEC ( Higher Education Commission) Pakistan.
Ahhh, The Points
So here are the points for which you have been waiting :) to assess your educational level.
- Bachelors Degree = 30 Points
- If you have Bachelor's Degree and along with one year of Master's Degree = 50 points
- If you hold Master's Degree Equivalent to Danish Standards than = 60 points
- O, yes the Ph.D = 80 points
My friends, you can get bonus points in the case if you studied from the following universities. Click on this link to get list of 400 universities. So to sum up the bonus round points.
- If you get in the top 400 Universities list you get 5 points.
- If you studied in top 200 then 10 points.
- If top 100 then 15 points.
The Language Ability
For getting points here you have to go through a four level system which is the Danish Language Test Level 1, level 2, level 3 and the last which is study test. Which will help you to understand the points and maximum points which you can get from this is 30.
The Drill ( Work Experience )
Based on your work experience you can get points which are as follow;
- 1-2 years experience in the last five years as researcher/or he/she is in field of positive list = 10 points
- 3-5 years experience in the last five years as researcher/or he/she is in field of positive list = 15 points
- 3-5 years experience in the last five as other worker = 5 points
You got that maximum marks are 15 here.
The Age which I can't control
- If you are in between 35-40 years you will get 10 points.
- But if you are younger that is 34 or less then you get 15 points.
Watch and learn
If you studied at any institution in Denmark or worked there and now you are applying for Green Card then you can get good points. Which are if you worked for 1 year or studied for one year then you will get 5 points and if you worked there for 2 years or studied for 3 years at Denmark you will get 10 points. If you have passed the language test there in Denmark you will be give bonus points which is 5.
So now you know the truth :)