- Travel and Places»
- Specialty Travel & Tours
Walt Disney World - Good Downtown Disney Restaurants for Older Kids & Teens
Downtown Disney is Disney’s shopping and entertainment district and the great thing is that you don’t need a theme park admission ticket to enjoy this area. There are a lot of fun restaurants for families with older kids and teens. Downtown Disney parking is free.
We've also written articles suggesting great restaurants in the Walt Disney World theme parks and resort hotels for teens, tweens, and older kids. You'll find links to those articles below.
All photos are my own. (c)Stephen Johnson.
Downtown Disney Restaurants for Families with Teens
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain. This ice cream parlor doesn't serve any "real" food but who needs it?!? The Sundaes, cones, Ice Cream, Floats, Banana Splits, cocoa, coffee, and more will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth. Indulge in some family stickiness with the Earthquake Sundae which has 8 scoops of ice cream, 8 toppings, sliced bananas, whipped cream, chopped almonds, and cherries ($29.95).
- House of Blues. Cajun inspired cuisine and funky dÃ©cor make this a fun place to dine. Night owls can enjoy live Blues music on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights after 11:00 PM. Check their website to be sure there isn't a special event that requires a ticket the night of your planned visit. This restaurant does not participate in the Disney World Meal Plans.
- Planet Hollywood. The food and service are only so-so on a good night but the movie memorabilia and building are worth a stop at least once in your life. Very noisy restaurant. If you booked a "Magic Your Way" package, you'll have a voucher with a $15 meal voucher. This restaurant does participate in the Disney Dining Plan.
- Raglan Road. We love this restaurant! Irish Pub dÃ©cor with live music after 9:00 PM. The music will generally include Irish folk songs as well as Celtic infused interpretations of American 80's & 90's cover songs. Once the music starts, it is a loud Pub atmosphere. Guests from the United Kingdom either love it or hate it. This restaurant does participate in the Disney Dining Plan.
- Rainforest CafÃ© ~ Neat restaurant with a giant fish tank, waterfalls, jungle ambiance and the occasional "thunderstorm". Food and service are average but the well-themed restaurant is a fun spot to eat. New for 2012 - The Rain Forest Cafe now participates in the Disney World Meal Plans.
- T-Rex ~ Truthfully, we haven't eaten at this restaurant yet. It is designed by the same folks who brought us the Rainforest CafÃ© so we the dinosaur themed dÃ©cor is impressive. Again, expect average food and service. New for 2012 - T-Rex does participate in the Disney World Dining Plan. Call the restaurant directly at 407-828-8739 to make advance reservations.
- While not elaborately themed, Bongos Cuban CafÃ©, Wolf Gang Puck Express, and Earl of Sandwich all have food that generally appeals to older kids and teens. Both of these restaurants participate in the Disney Meal Plans.
More Great Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Information
These aren't guide books for touring the parks - rather, they're great books that give information about the special details that went into creating these great Disney theme parks.
Do you have a favorite restaurant in Downtown Disney? We'd love to hear why you love it.