- Travel and Places»
- Travel Tips & Preparation
EXPLORE AUSTRALIA BY BACKPACKING
Explore the amazing beauty of Australia
Exploring Australia by backpacking is a huge industry and one of the most exciting ways to explore the beautiful scenery and distinctive culture. Selecting the best carry on backpack for the flight and to travel around can be one of the most important decisions you make. Your body type, such as your torso length, matters most. The volume of space inside a backpack is typically expressed in litres. You can consider a carry on convertible suitcase/backpack with zip-away shoulder straps, a carry on roll-aboard bag or an internal frame backpack.
Exploring Australia by backpacking is relatively safe, but the sun can be quite fierce over most parts of the country. Avoid being in the sun between eleven o’clock in the morning and three o’clock in the afternoon and make sure to pack a good sunscreen.
Here are some great tips for exploring Australia by backpacking:
- Avoid hitchhiking in Australia. Hitchhiking is not really allowed in Australia and is frowned upon.
- Most places are safe, but it remains a good idea to ask locals about safety after dark.
- Australia is home to venomous snakes, crocodiles, spiders, jellyfish and sharks. Ask the locals about animals in the area and how to avoid it.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Do not litter. Australians are very proud of their clean country.
- Prevent dehydration and always carry water, even if you experience cool weather when you leave in the morning.
- Always carry a map and know where you are going.
- Do not underestimate the Australian sun. Always carry a good sunscreen with you.
- Do not pack unnecessary items in your backpack. Carrying excessive weight, even on your back, can become challenging.
When exploring Australia by backpacking:
- Limit the number of shoes you pack. Remember you are already wearing a pair.
- You do not need different clothes for every day of the trip. How many times will you be seen by the same people? When you pack the carry on backpack, you can consider a small number of clothes that can be mixed and matched.
- Carry-on luggage does not allow gel, cream or liquid greater than 100ml.
- Sharp objects are not allowed in your carry on backpack.
- Over packing is one of the biggest travel mistakes. Take time and consider the importance of large items that may take up unnecessary space. Seasoned travellers always emphasize the importance of travelling light. Less stuff means greater mobility.
Australia offers magnificent views and amazing beauty. With a good quality carry on backpack, sunscreen and sufficient water, you are ready to explore the beauty of this country.