- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Europe»
- United Kingdom»
Enjoy the best of London with Things to Do guide in Earls Court, London
Earls Court, London
Earls Court is a great place to enjoy the best of London, all in one area. While it's very close to many of London’s top attractions across the city, the area itself definitely a rewarding place to explore. From live music and theatre, great places to eat out, and quirky and intriguing bars to enjoy a fun night out afterwards, Earls Court won't disappoint you.
Earls Court in London
Which Earls Court Theatre you Like most?
Get a taste of London theatre
Earls Court is home to many of London's most well known theatres and venues for live shows, the most well known amongst them being the Hammersmith Apollo. Renowned as one of the best comedy venues in the country, you're sure to catch some of the UK's most hilarious talent on display here.
If music is your thing, then the Troubadour in Earls Court is a must-see. An intimate and beautifully designed live music venue, there's something going on every day of the week, from folk singers to poetry readings, rock bands to up and coming rap artists. Plus with its own restaurant, art gallery and coffee house, it's a great place to relax with friends, to enjoy a laid back day in the city.
Theatre lovers meanwhile won't want to miss a chance to catch a play at the Finborough Theatre. With just 50 seats, it takes intimacy to a whole new level. Don't let the small size deceive you though - its award-winning history attracts strong talent, and seats are hard to get.
Theatres in Earls Court
- Hammersmith Apollo - 45 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London W6 9QH
- Finborough Theatre - 118 Finborough Road, SW10 9ED
- Barons Court Theatre - 28A Comeragh Road, W14 9HR
- Opera Holland Park - 12 Phillimore Walk Central Library, W8 7RX
- The Jane Nightwork Company - 10 Irving Road, W14 0JS
- C D A - 125 Gloucester Road, SW7 4TE
- Lighting Design International - 55A Yeldham Road Hammersmith Studios, W6 8JF
Top Theatres in Earls CourtClick thumbnail to view full-size
Relax in style after the show
Earls Court has a wonderful diversity of restaurants and bars, where you can enjoy a great meal after a live show. The classic French restaurant, Garnier, has a charming and friendly atmosphere, as well as great food. If you’re something fresh and Mediterranean, it's well worth booking a table at La Pappardella - with authentic live music, and a menu to die for. But the area also has a great area of other ethnic cuisines, from Indian and Thai, to delicious Japanese, Greek and Lebanese eateries. There’s also a great variety of traditional fish and chip shops, for some classic English grub!
Restaurants in Earls Court, Kensington
Explore the streets of the Earls Court, Kensington area and discover these fantastic restaurants in the surrounding neighbourhood that are worth visiting -
- Addie's (Thai) - 121 Earls Court Road SW5 9RL
- As Greek As It Gets (Greek) - 233 Earls Court Road SW5 9AH
- Balans West (European) - 239 Old Brompton Road SW5 9HP
- Bistro Benito (Italian) - 166 Earls Court Road SW5 9QQ
- Byron Proper Hamburgers (American) - 242 Earls Court Road SW5 9AA
- Dragon Palace (Chinese) - 207 Earls Court Road SW5 9AN
- Earls Restaurant (International) - 15-25 Hogarth Road SW5 0QJ
- Filipino Restaurant (Oriental) - 10 Kenway Road SW5 0RR
- Garnier (French) - 314 Earls Court Road SW5 9BQ
- Kappa (Japanese) - 139 Earls Court Road SW5 9RH
- La Pappardella (Pizzeria) - 253 Old Brompton Road SW5 9HP
- Maroush (Lebanese) - 131-133 Earls Court Road SW5 9RH
- Mr Wing (Chinese) - 242-244 Old Brompton Road SW5 0DE
- Nando's Chickenland (Portuguese) - 204 Earls Court Road SW5 9QF
- The Little French Restaurant (French) - 18 Hogarth Place SW5 0QY
Top Restaurants in Earls CourtClick thumbnail to view full-size
After a great meal, why not enjoy a drink or two in one of Earls Court's enjoyable bars?
One of the top picks in the area is the Evans & Peel Detective Agency - dressed up as an authentic, old school style detective agency, you’ll be quizzed at the door by a detective, before being allowed entry. A fun and memorable bar for sure, the bar also boasts some fabulous vintage style American cocktails. The bar also hosts some great live music, from cabaret singers, for that authentic old dive feeling. For something a little more contemporary though, check out the Crescent Champagne Bar, with slick and stylish interiors, including huge chandeliers and soft furnishing, top DJs playing the latest tunes, and an extensive list of unusual cocktails. A little corner of glamour and indulgence that will top off your stay in Earls Court.
Bars & Public Houses in Earls Court
- Ashbee's (Bars) - 22-24 Hogarth Place Earl's Court SW5 0QY
- Courtfield (Public Houses & Inns) - 187 Earls Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9AN
- Earl's Court Tavern (Public Houses & Inns) - 123 Earls Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9RL
- Evans & Peel Detective Agency (Bars) - 310c Earl's Court Road South Kensington SW5 9BA
- King's Head (Public Houses & Inns) - 17 Hogarth Place Earl's Court SW5 0QT
- Mango Lounge (Bars) - 306 Earl's Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9BA
- Nabuco Bar (Bars) - 147C Cromwell Road Earl's Court SW5 0TH
- O'Neill's (Public Houses & Inns) - 326 Earls Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9BQ
- Prince Of Teck (Public Houses & Inns) - 161 Earls Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9RQ
- The Blackbird (Public Houses & Inns) - 209 Earls Court Road Earl's Court SW5 9AN
I was inspired to write about Earls Court during a recent trip to Kensington and stayed at the Amsterdam Hotel, located ideally in center of the city. Please leave your feedback, If you really enjoyed this post/else If you have been to London and know any other curious thing to do in Earls Court, It will encourage me to keep posted on my travel experiences as I am planning on moving again soon.